I am looking for a job in Jakarta

I heard that this forum may helps to spread information for looking for a job, so I registered and make a post here.
I am actually urgently looking for a job in Jakarta, because my wife is Indonesian, and since our baby borned in March, I get really need to live in Indonesian.
The best city I am wondering is to stay in Jakarta, so that I would be able to conviniently visit my parents back in China.

My age is 36 now, worked since 1999, graduated from Tianjin University.
I had good working experience in word wide companies, 7 years experience with making forniture and outdoor products, 2 years experience with making high voltage insulators.
I was a technical engineer & manager in previous companies.
And recent 2 and half years I was doing my own photography for weddings etc.

I would like to do any job in industry or photography, or language teacher, I am flexible and free now.

Hi Yan,

Congrats to the new little one.

You may search local job web sites about open positions.

However it will not be an easy task to find a job here as a foreigner due to the strict laws in Indonesian.

You will need a sponsoring company to get the right working permit besides one only can get it if a local can not do the job.

Bear in mind that you can not take up any work here on one of the visa you may use to visit Indonesia as long you are not holding an IMTA (work permit).

Even a business visa does not allow you to work.

Thank you for replying me, I will try to search for some local job web sites.
So the law defined that no so many local companies being able to hire foreigner, but I think there are so many companies they are able to do this, right?
About the work permit, it should be up to a certification for the companies, I guess should not be a problem.
or you think I need to do something here in advanced?

The company must explain to the Manpower Department why they need to hire a foreigner for the position in question and that will be the most difficult part.

They will not grant a work permit (IMTA) if they think a local worker can fulfill the job description.

Don't underestimate it, even though you will find a company who is willing to employ you, the whole process will take at least 1 month perhaps can take even longer.

In your case it is may be an option to get a limited stay permit (KITAS) first with your wife being the sponsor.

Then you could try to find a company here willing to employ you and if you succeed, the right papers (incl work permit) can be arranged.

Good luck to you Mass Yann

If you have expertise in Customer Service you are especially welcome in Yogyakarta

happyhour wrote:

In your case it is may be an option to get a limited stay permit (KITAS) first with your wife being the sponsor.

Then you could try to find a company here willing to employ you and if you succeed, the right papers (incl work permit) can be arranged.

Yea, the KITAS was the key actually, we did not made it due to the difficulty on checking the information from Embassy.
Well I think that would be not a problem anyway.
My wife's cousin's company maybe will to hire me, based on this concept, I better tell him that I would make KITAS in advance if there is difficulty.
Thanks a lot!

indostocks wrote:

Good luck to you Mass Yann

If you have expertise in Customer Service you are especially welcome in Yogyakarta

Is your company will to hire employees?
Thanks for your information, but guess I cant go to Yogyakarta, it's quite far from my home in Tasikmalaya, and long turn for me to go back China...

If you are legally married and when it is registered here, then your wife can sponsor your KITAS.

And if your wife's cousin is interested in hiring you in theory they need to apply for the IMTA only....there are cases like that as far as I know.

But again, it depends on the approval of the Manpower Department and the set up of cousin's company respectively job description the plan for you.

You should check what kind of company your cousin is running and ask to check directly with the Manpower what steps to be taken if employing you.

happyhour wrote:

If you are legally married and when it is registered here, then your wife can sponsor your KITAS.

And if your wife's cousin is interested in hiring you in theory they need to apply for the IMTA only....there are cases like that as far as I know.

But again, it depends on the approval of the Manpower Department and the set up of cousin's company respectively job description the plan for you.

You should check what kind of company your cousin is running and ask to check directly with the Manpower what steps to be taken if employing you.

Thank you so much..
Well their company really interested to hire me, but they are a new company, said they dont have the PRTKA, I dont know about this, is it the certain thing that if a company has to get to hire any foreigners?

The RPTKA is the most important thing actually, it's the foreign placement plan what a company needs to submit to the Ministry of Manpower.....due to the new Regulations various additional documents need to be submitted.

Then they will decide whether or not a go ahead in regards of the work permit can be granted.

Is it a local PT or PMA??

hi,
send me your CV
i am furniture manufacturer and we are looking for somebody to manage our factory
do you skills in upholstery as our main products are upholstery for outdoor
we also work with teak wood, stainless steel, aluminium casting.
looking forward to receive your CV to my email adress [email protected]
thanks

Hi Corinne,

Just like to know.....you have a website of all your products??

Cheers,
Happy

sorry who are you ? i thought i was speaking to mass Yan !!!

Hmmm....but that's a public forum so you should expect reply from others also even though you direct speak to one person.

Never mind....it was just a question, no worries  :cheers:

corinnehzt wrote:

hi,
send me your CV
i am furniture manufacturer and we are looking for somebody to manage our factory
do you skills in upholstery as our main products are upholstery for outdoor
we also work with teak wood, stainless steel, aluminium casting.
looking forward to receive your CV to my email adress [email protected]
thanks

Thank you for the information Horinnehzt.
I have sent my cv to your e-mail address, both Word and Excel formats.
If in case you can not view it, please let me know.
Thanks again

happyhour wrote:

Is it a local PT or PMA??

It is said a new company, I think should be a local one, since no more information from there, I guess temperarily they won't be proceeding on the foreinger hiring paperwork..

As many have probably already said before here, it is very hard for non-Indonesians to find work here for positions that Indonesians can perform.  IF you plan to make your home in Indonesia for a long time, then my personal suggestion and recommendation is to set up your own company.  Being an expat, the best and ONLY option is to set up a PMA/PT company.  Especially with your wife being Indonesian, you and her probably can own 100% of the company and be your own sponsor for all your Indonesian documents.  Shopping around for temporary work opportunities or others to sponsor you for your Kitas and work permit will be an annual ordeal at best.  Invest the money and effort to have a legal company for your future in Indonesia.  Need any additional info on PMA set-up, just send me a note.
Good Luck
Bay