CUSTOM HOME BUILDERS IN CEBU

I am having difficulty finding information on the web with regard to custom home builders in Cebu. We would like to find beach front property and have a home built. Who would you all consider 2 to 3 respected builders in this area?

California Kid wrote:

I am having difficulty finding information on the web with regard to custom home builders in Cebu. We would like to find beach front property and have a home built. Who would you all consider 2 to 3 respected builders in this area?

I am moving there in March! I will be starting a service company! I have extensive experience in homebuilding! I am a master of "thrift" and conservation! You can see my work that I have done myself at [moderated: no free ads]. You could hire a person like me to oversee the entire operation! I will be staying in Cebu for sometime! I may move there indefinately! If I can save you 30k while making a small profit, I would be very interested in doing so! I would just oversee the operations. I would order your materials. I would hire and fire your contractors! I would be your mediator and analyst! Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you,
Craig Fear

The issue in Cebu is often the contractors can't be trusted there are "some" but i find most people won't put their name to a contractor as trust is difficult especially when offering a reference. I live in Minglanilla and have had several buildings built and can provide you with someone who has their own construction company. Now the issue is most people here are not used to working to Western standards infact far from it. Which is why you need someone on site at all times to monitor progress to keep your costs under control and make sure nothing is missing (e.g. reducing the size of rebars in the concrete to pocket money on the difference). Although others may have worked in the construction field doesn't mean it will work well here as materials and equipment aren't so easy to source as well as labour methods. E.g. most tiling people look to put a 1" skim on top made of concrete that then gets tiled even though adhesive is available the skill levels here and understanding of a 5mm tile bed isn't understood by most tradesmen.

I will send you info with a trusted group. We will build a retirement community in the highlands and we found a trustworthy group to work with.

Send me your info on a private message so I can forward it to him as well. Or, if you prefer, you can contact him yourself.
I am married to a Californian and moved back here permanently last year. We were able to buy a house and lot here in Alabang area at a really good price and had it renovated. My husband is creating a self-sustaining, energy independent housing here in the Metro area and soon in some beach front,and other communities. He has integrated different technologies from US, Australia and China that will make our life here in the Philippines more affordable, self-sustaining, energy independent from the major electric utility companies and water companies. Our Alabang house is our model house and I can't wait to get it completed.

Hope to see you when we go visit Cebu!

Pinaymentor

I'm retired with limited funds.  Looking for a way to build/upgrade inlaws house on 900.00/mo. They live in cement block house with second story covered with metal roof, as you can see i don't know too much.  There is limited land available to expand.. desired location is in Oslob/ CEBU

help help

Hello Rockmonkey.

Just to note that this thread is dated 2011! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: No free ad + register yourself into Business directory pls]

Plan to build a 2 storey house in cebu, anyone can help to ensure I dont pay too much?

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

I'm looking for builders to build, thanks

At a reasonable price, nothing high end.

@ mlee0088 > Feel free to post a job offer here : Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Cebu section, maybe it can help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla

hello,

are you in cebu?  do you have a website?

thanks,

jay

Hi,

I can help look for a good property and find a good contractor for your dream house. :) just send me a private message for more info.

I know a beachfront property south of cebu and a friend who can build you a sturdy home for a cheap price. let me know if your interested.

hi sir,

I just read about your message.

Where in the south po and how much.

Hi Craig are you still in Cebu? Do you still help people like me? I am desperately looking for a home builder who wouldn't cheat on us.  We are planning to build a tiny house is 500,000 too much? I have no idea about building but I could feel it's too expensive... I hope you can reply this message...

How much?

Sammipporo wrote:

Hi Craig are you still in Cebu? Do you still help people like me? I am desperately looking for a home builder who wouldn't cheat on us.  We are planning to build a tiny house is 500,000 too much? I have no idea about building but I could feel it's too expensive... I hope you can reply this message...

600-2000sqm around 2 to 10m near the butanding spot in oslob cebu. You can make a shubby shanty for 500k.

Hi california kid!

How are you today? My name is el. I live in cebu..

Regarding your concern, id like to help you find home builders..
i have friend contractors based in cebu..

My profession is also a real estate broker.. i have listings beach house and lot.. just let me know if you need help

Thanks mate

Hi mlee!

Hows your day?

Let me know if you still need help about moving to cebu..
im live here. I can help you if you like. My profession is real estate broker. I am licensed broker so you can be sure your dealing with professional.
Just me let my friend..

Send me a private message if you are interested.. thanks have a nice day

I just joined this community. I am German, just retired and would like to continue with my previous planning to build a house in Cebu. I have a 2D and semi 3D drawing of the house. It will be not a common western style of house, but an ancient Asian type of house (Japanese/Chinese/Korean) combined with Balinese touch. The 'living area' of the house will be around 120 - 160 sqms. We bought already a land in Oslob.  Anyone knows good Architect, builder who is really reliable? Our experience with small condo we just bought in Cebu was so terrible. Instead of ‘stress free' to have own condo to stay if we come to Cebu (instead searched in booking.com), we must spend two months to remove everything inside the condo and must ‘redo' all. I couldn't rely on their promises also, such headache with a small 24 sqm condo.

Thanks for the reply. 

What type of materials are you using the build with?  Poured Cement walls or concrete filled hollow block?  Also how many stories are the homess your building?

Rick