Looking for a dog sitter

Hi all, I recently moved to Ras Al Khaimah with my dog. I am currently staying at the hotel waiting for my apartment to be ready. I am looking for someone who can take care of my sweetheart during these few days (maximum 1 week). Preferably dog experienced, mature person/western family. Its an indoor dog, house trained, very energetic, middle size. Loves people & children but due to her energy can knock over a small child. Good with other animals (usualy).
Thanks for your help:-).

Welcome to Rak, Lara

Sorry that I missed your message (I'm not so often on the forum anymore as I have a quite busy schedule now)

I hope you found a solution meanwhile to keep your dog and that you are now settled in your home.

If you need any info, don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of help!

Cheers
Arlette

Hi Arlette, I kept my dog in rak shelter where I believe they fed her well for 60 dhs/day (but still no shower and 3 insects stuck on the skin). After she got quite bad fungis (which is airborne so cant blame the shelter),took her to the nearest vet who gave her injection however he did not have any additional medicine or vitamins/shampoo etc so if you know any place in rak where they sell those i would be keen to know.
Thank you and all the best!

Hi there. I will be moving to Al hamra village at the end of the month. Both nervous and excited on this end. Have enjoyed living in Dubai but looking forward to a change in lifestyle. I will be going on holiday at the end of July and I am looking  for a pet sitter whilst away. ( live in or out ).I have four cats plus a foster cat. I will be flying from 26th of July and return on the 16th of August. Timing not ideal as there will be huge changes for my fab five but  holiday booked months ago. Hoping there is  someone who can help at such sort notice.
Kind regards Phyllis :)

lara_q8 wrote:

Hi Arlette, I kept my dog in rak shelter where I believe they fed her well for 60 dhs/day (but still no shower and 3 insects stuck on the skin). After she got quite bad fungis (which is airborne so cant blame the shelter),took her to the nearest vet who gave her injection however he did not have any additional medicine or vitamins/shampoo etc so if you know any place in rak where they sell those i would be keen to know.
Thank you and all the best!

Sorry Lara for not getting back to you on this.
They do have a very good vet in RAKAWC who has been caring for my pets since many years now (I knew him already in Saudi Arabia where I lived previously). So I'm surprised you had to take him to another vet!

Phyll wrote:

Hi there. I will be moving to Al hamra village at the end of the month. Both nervous and excited on this end. Have enjoyed living in Dubai but looking forward to a change in lifestyle. I will be going on holiday at the end of July and I am looking  for a pet sitter whilst away. ( live in or out ).I have four cats plus a foster cat. I will be flying from 26th of July and return on the 16th of August. Timing not ideal as there will be huge changes for my fab five but  holiday booked months ago. Hoping there is  someone who can help at such sort notice.
Kind regards Phyllis :)

Hi Phyllis,

I did send you a private message on this

Cheers

Hi There,

We have just opened our pet shop and our RAK Branch veterinary clinic in the Al Hamra Mall.

[moderated]

Kind Regards

Hilke

Dear Hilke,

Ads for businesses are not allowed on expat-blog. May I suggest you to use the Business directory where you will find a Pet shops as well as a Veterinaries subsection.
Wishing you success in your endeavours
Arlette

Hi,
I am just moving to Ras Al Khaimah and also have problem to find someone to take care of my 2 cats during our holidays. I would be really grateful if you could share with me your suggestions.
Thank you in advance. Kate

Hi, I am looking for someone to take care of my cats in Mina Al Arab. Would be really grateful if you can recommend me someone. Thank you in advance, regards Kate

Rak Animal Welfare Center is offering boarding to all pets all year round. You can easily find their website if you call upon our friend Google :) My dog has been going to them whenever we go on vacation since 4 years.

Hi, thank you so much for your answer. Unfortunately, as this is high season....they are already fully booked:(
Do you have maybe some other recommendations? I am really desperately looking for someone reliable.

pet oasis has boarding aswell.