Life in vanimo

hi..im a mother and was offered by PNG DepEd to teach at a secondary school in vanimo. what is the life there like? Is it a safe place? are the students respectful? how about the international school there? would you advise me to bring my kids (12y.o and (15y.o)? what are the challenges that one should expect if they decide to accept the offer.

Hi,
I got a job offer in port marsby in PNG. I want to know about cost of living, life seafty, people behaviour with outer..and about life style..any body from PNG..plz advise me it is good to move from delhi india to port marsby in PNG..plz plz

Hi,
I got a job offer in port marsby in PNG. I want to know about cost of living, life seafty, people behaviour with outer..and about life style..any body from PNG..plz advise me it is good to move from delhi india to port marsby in PNG..plz plz

rajnishbala wrote:

Hi,

For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

Safety is the prime concern for any expat. Make sure the employer gives you good secure accommodation, transport to and from work.
Do not go out on your own at night, be careful when going to ATM to get money, do not wear fancy jewelry. 

Does the offer include flights home, medical insurance cover, utilities paid for.
Is the money offer after tax or before tax. Taxation is between 35% to 40%.

We cannot advise you whether it is a good move or not. That is your decision.

Thanks a lot stm...
If compny provides all the thing whichever u point out it is good for 2 years..r u in port morsby..they r offering $3500 / month..plz advice

Hi Stumpy,
EMTV is the compny it is a png news channel..is it reputed empolyer or not..kindly suggest..ur kind support highly appraciate...and many thanks in advance...r u in png right now..

rajnishbala wrote:

Hi Stumpy,
EMTV is the compny it is a png news channel..is it reputed empolyer or not..kindly suggest..ur kind support highly appraciate...and many thanks in advance...r u in png right now..

I am not in PNG at this time. EMTV would be okay to work for. I have worked there before on 7 different projects.