Importing a dog to Jakarta

Good day to all of you,

Could any of you inform me regarding the import of my pet dog to Jakarta or give me contact details of a Western Vet in Jakarta who could give me info on formalities, quarantine etc.

Thanks in advance
Arlette

Hi, try this companies
AB Pet Delivery
Mr. Agustinus
Melati Mas Residence Blok U 14 No. 6
BSD City, Tangerang
021 70 299 655
0813 1991 3631

-Goldenpetshop.Com

Mrs. Ayin.
Tel : (021) 9400 3711.
Hp : 0813 8691 3101.

Thanks for this information.

Please if anybody else has more information, keep it coming :)

Hi,

I brought my dog to Indonesia about a year and a half ago. It is possible and they make it sound much more difficult than it really is. If you want to import your dog start at least three months in advance to get all the lab work, shots in order. I went through groovy pets. There is an option to do a home quarantine, but ask groovy pets what days the vet in the quarantine facility would be able to sign off for home quarantine (usually in the morning, only two days a week),I had to leave my dog at quarantine facility at airport for one day and then groovy pets delivered him to my residence. If your dog is under 100 pounds much more affordable, if it is over 100 pounds with the kennel it will have to be transported seperately in a cargo plane which was very, very costly for me. Make sure you do a thurough tick treatment before transporting it here. I found that the Frontline spray is by far the most effective means to prevent ticks. Please email me if you need additional information!

-Julia

Oh thanks so much for this information Julia! I might indeed come back to you when the time comes.
At the moment our transfer to Jakarta is still quite hypothetical.

Have a nice day further
Arlette

PS. Can you give me an idea of the cost on the Indonesian side?

Hello Julia

Would you mind sending me the exact contact details (email) for groovy pets as I have seen there are warnings about people posing as groovy pets. Please send me a private message

Arlette

Got my first quotation in today from a company called jackpetz and wow, is that expensive!...
they quote me 18 300 000 with 14 days of quarantine and 21 300 000 for 3 days quarantine!

hello mrs. arlette,

i can help you to import your pet to indonesia,email to [email protected]

Dear Arlette,

Did you manage to import your pet to Indonesia finally? I am planning to move to Indonesia and I have to bring my dog with me ... Thanks.

BR

Stephane

Hi Stephane, Unfortunately I will not be able to bring my pet with me as our vet has examined her and she has a serious health problem and she might not survive the stress of the travel and quarantine. So sorry about this.

Hi Arlette,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
Really sorry to hear that you wont be able to bring your pet with you for health reasons.
I am moving to Bali next year and as far as I read in internet it looks like not easy to import my pets from an administrative point of view ... In any case is there any profesional pet transport agent (you might have been in touch with in the past) you could recommend me to contact? Thanks for your help.

BR

Stephane

Sorry but I don't know in your country. Maybe the best thing would be to ask infos to your vet?

There are too many dogs roaming loose on Bali and especially on Kuta beach. The fact one went near my son while its apparent owner looked on evoked me to use a range of words to make a sailor blush. If you take your to Bali make sure it is controlled.

Hi Julia,

Please could you share with us your experience of getting your pet dog into Indonesia, did you have to fly him into Jakarta?

I have no idea how the last comment made it into this post, obviously anyone wanting to bring a dog into a rabid country like Indonesia is going to guard him with their life, not run on a beach with wild dogs, our poor baby has been a beach baby since 8 weeks old but there's no way I'd let him near Kuta beach! He will have a swimming pool and some lovely cool air con tiles, he's a shih tzu so only tiny but we're already looking at flying into Jakarta with him rather than into Denpsaar ourselves and letting a pet shippers bring him, unless we really have to.

We've only had a conversation with jackpetz yet who told us two weeks from jakartar to our residence which will be closer to Denpasar. He does have seizures though and takes pills twice a day, although they said they give medicine and breaks every 5-6 hours for water/toilet, I'd much rather transport him ourselves if we can work out what the quarantine process is.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Although only a 6 hour flight from Australia, I don't want him to be out of my sight for a further two weeks with his seizures, he has all injections up to date and will have a vets cert ready to go. We're looking to fly start of June.

Would love to hear from all those relative to this thread, not random angry mothers, lol
Thanks
Dee

Hello Dee 7879,
Thank you for an interesting post, I understand this was several months ago now I find it surprising you were quoted
2 weeks for your dogs transit from Jakarta. Why not directly into Denpasar ? From Melbourne
Buying a Car in Jkt apposed to Bali is a little cheaper, but would cost currently Rp 4 mill and takes 3 day delivery Door to Door. This is on a proper Car Transporter, driving from Jakarta to Bali should take you 2.5/ 3 days. Believe me its an unpleasant experience nothing like a long trip in Oz
Good luck any way be sure to let us know how you went....Howard