Auditor in PNG

Greetings everyone!

Im considering a job offer in PNG as an auditor. It offers USD 1,300.00 plus free accomodation, transportation, medical insurance, paid vacation leave and airfare.

Is this offer reasonable enough for me? I appreciate for any useful advice.

GOD bless and more power

Hi theaccountant!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi there, is that per week or per month?  Would you be here alone or with family?

Thats per month basis and i wont bring my family.

In POM, lunch I eat is around K10-K20 and dinner can be K30-K100 (including drinks)at the restaurant. If I cook, it will be very cheap. My weekly shopping bill is around K60 - K100.

How about utilities ? Are they paid by the company? Cable TV ?

To all fellow auditors @ PNG.... is the offer of net AUD$50k plus accomodation and transportation sounds enough for an expats rate for this position ( those who are working for International Big 4 Auditing Firm in there). Although I've read in some of the forums thread that security and safety are the main consideration, what are the risk/threats for those in this line of work, given that travelling within the country are part of the tasks. Your advise is very much appreciated.

@ Vientiane: Just read that you have been offered AUD 50,000 with a big-four firm? May I ask which firm is that? I have also been offered a job by one of the big 4s and want to compare the packages. Also what position have you been offered?

hello,

is there anyone working in SVS (super value store) anywhere on PNG? Pls. give me insights of the working atmosphere: employer, no. of employees, workload, how is it working there? are there a lot of Filipinos there? how big is the company?

is svs lae city branch big? is it situated inside the mall or has its own building?

thank you in advance for your reply.

cheers,
criscol

hi crisco. may i know your agency, we have same situation and question. anybody working in SVS. pls do share your working and living experience mostly in lae city. thanks

lucky8 wrote:

hi crisco. may i know your agency, we have same situation and question. anybody working in SVS. pls do share your working and living experience mostly in lae city. thanks

questcore. im still waiting for my visa, how about you?

criscol

were on the same agency. my old passport is about to expired so i have to get a new one this coming may 24, then after proceef to questcore to submit the remaining requirements.  actually i have a female friend and were on the same company right now and she about to go to port moresby by next mont. she has been offered 3x of her present monthly salary. with free accomodation. while for myself, i will push through on this and considering as an opputtunity. just a try since this my first experience to work abroad. since your waiting on your visa, you cannto turn back anymore. goodluck and hope to know you and see each other soon.

lucky8 wrote:

were on the same agency. my old passport is about to expired so i have to get a new one this coming may 24, then after proceef to questcore to submit the remaining requirements.  actually i have a female friend and were on the same company right now and she about to go to port moresby by next mont. she has been offered 3x of her present monthly salary. with free accomodation. while for myself, i will push through on this and considering as an opputtunity. just a try since this my first experience to work abroad. since your waiting on your visa, you cannto turn back anymore. goodluck and hope to know you and see each other soon.

yes, i guess i just have to try it first. are we in the same company too?
so,i guess you did not sign the contract yet? dont get frightened by what you read on the internet. just keep posting and update yourself here at Expat.com. crime rate has also been an issue in other countries.
its a peanut compared to countries having war.

criscol wrote:
lucky8 wrote:

so,i guess you did not sign the contract yet? dont get frightened by what you read on the internet. just keep posting and update yourself here at Expat.com. crime rate has also been an issue in other countries.

@criscol, hi! I'll be working in PNG and I'd like to have some feedback on what to expect when I work there. Hope you could give me some pointers :)

Angel_008 wrote:
criscol wrote:
lucky8 wrote:

@criscol, hi! I'll be working in PNG and I'd like to have some feedback on what to expect when I work there. Hope you could give me some pointers :)

Hi! Criscol & Angel_008 -

I'm also considering to work for SVS as an accountant, also from Questcore Inc. Would just like to ask how long was the processing of your papers?
@ Angel_008 - Were you already deployed?

Thank you very much and hope to meeting you there.

Hi Guys,
I do not have much information on SVS in Lae, but had a relative who worked for SVS in Port Moresby in accounts. She  is not an expat but through the company she now works at a mine. I know expatriates who worked for company similar to SVS who are now working in other companies in Papua New Guinea. You can always work elsewhere if you don't like it.

$1300 is my starting pay as a bakery manager

wildrgee wrote:

$1300 is my starting pay as a bakery manager

Welcome to Expat.com. You are posting on an old thread.
What is it exactly you want and what information are you looking for. Please be a bit more informative so that members can offer information or advice. Thanks.

Hi,
Anybody from EMTV...? I am offered a job in EMTV..what is the reputation of EMTV in PNG...please advice me about work environment,   cost of living, seafty issues, medical standard and localbody behaviour with out sider...
Thanks in advance....kind support highly apraciate...