2500euro/month - salary after tax. Is that a good deal?

Hi everyone! I have a question! I have a job offer in Vienna, for 2500 eur/month, after tax. Can you please tell me if it's enough for a decent living (1 bedroom apartment outside of city center, food from the hypermarket, transporttion, some cloltehs from chainstores...a little bit of saving)?...thanks a lot in advance!

Yes, it is ok. But depends also for how many persons. If family of 4 (parents + 2 kids) 3000 and up would have been better. This will be really on the very edge. No shopping, not much vacations, no savings at all. If just for one person, than may be ok.
Cosmina

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! It's only one person - myself.
I have another question...I've read something about expaths with apartments/houses in their home country having discounts for the salary tax? Is this true?

Hi anipac,

A new topic was created from your post for better visibility on the Vienna forum, hope that might help.

Thank you,

David.

Hello, anipac. Thanks a lot for asking the question for me. It was on my mind and I even posted another topic, when Karen from the expat-blog team told me to look up for discussions already opened.

And Cosmina, thanks a lot for answering! How are you doing, how is it, living in Vienna?

I'm planning to do the same thing myself, but I'm having an issue with the German language (I've opened a topic for that). Do you think a very good English speaker can find a job in Vienna?

Thanks a lot and I'm waiting for your answers, folks!

i look for job too but i dont know how to use this site:)

Hi maria hadjipetrou,

Can you give us more details about the job you are looking for? This might help to guide you. :)

Thank you,

David.

That is a decent offer. But do not accept less, and they must pay your health insurance, 14 months salary, and 5 weeks vacation by Austrian law.

hi , i am looking a job related an office work , in a company or anywhere.

@ maria hadjipetrou > you should please start a new topic on the Vienna forum or post an ad in the jobs in Vienna section.

Thank you.
Christine
Expat.com team

ps: [sorry, for the off topic]

thanx my friend

Is the 2500 eur/month exclude the 13th and 14th month?  If so, I think it's great.   You can definitely live on that.  A decent flat will cost you 700 eur.

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Jobs in Vienna section]

anipac wrote:

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply! It's only one person - myself.
I have another question...I've read something about expaths with apartments/houses in their home country having discounts for the salary tax? Is this true?

Yes, find tax advisor, steuerberater, and he could help you to deduct double household tax from your taxes. In general, you can deduct half of your yearly rent ( but just after second year, in first year you can deduct only 50%, so just three months) and you are entitled for once a month travel to home deduction.

(moderated: off topic)

its ok