Expats meet-up in Donetsk

Hi everyone!
I'm not sure are there many expats in Donetsk, but someone, like me, must have ended up here for sure! It would be nice to meet someone for a dinner, a drink after work or an event on the week end....or whatever! What about this Saturday? Anyone fancy going out?
Stefania

Hello Stefania.

It would be nice to meet and share stories and impression about Kiev and Donetsk.
I'd like to meet but its far from Kiev which I live and work in.
may be if you come to Kiev one day for a visit, I'd like to have dinner or coffee with new friend.
have good weekend :)

Thanks!! Actually I was planning to come to Kiev for celebrating new year's eve...I'm looking for accommodations...so in case I'll mett you there.... What do you do in Kiev for living? Were you before in Donetsk and then moved to Kiev?
Cheers
Stefania

Hello again.

I work here as a Teacher in Private school, and no I have never been in Donetsk may be one day :)
about accommodations as you know its not so cheap in Kiev specially in center.
I know one guy who work in this field, I can ask for you where he can offer and how much it could cost.!!
but you might come for how long day for example..?!

and what you do in Donetsk, and how is your Russian.?!
do you like it?
and is it big city and metro there too ?!

Hi there, well in case I come to Kiew I'll stay max 3 days...maybe in January I'll come. I'll let you know for sure! take care!
Stefania

Okay, you too take care.

Hi Stefania,
I read your message. Are you still in Donetsk? If so, can I invite you to my language school to the Speaking club?

Sorry at the moment I'm not in Donetsk, as soon as I come back I'd like to come to the language club indeed! Thanks for the invitation!

Kareemp wrote:

Hello Stefania.

It would be nice to meet and share stories and impression about Kiev and Donetsk.
I'd like to meet but its far from Kiev which I live and work in.
may be if you come to Kiev one day for a visit, I'd like to have dinner or coffee with new friend.
have good weekend :)

Hey I'm in Kyiv...wanna meet one of these days?

Thanks for your reply. Please, write to me, when you come back to Donetsk. Thanks

Sure, I will! Where do you usually meet? At Liverpool?

no, we usually meet at my language center Lingua Land, i'll tell you the address later

How are you folks holding out in Donetsk?
Are the attacks on the city still ongoing?  :(

I am greatly interested in this post.  I know this website does not like to deal in anything so controversial such as life in a war zone.  But hey!  What the  hell?  If any one is living through the hell that is now going on in southeast Ukraine I would love to hear about it.  I have a Ukraine girlfriend and thank God she does not live in the southeast.  She is also very afraid to talk much about anything political but she is afraid of her safety and what the damn Russians will eventually do.  For me I want to get her out of Ukraine and bring her here to US to be  my wife.  But she is also worried about her friends and family in Ukraine.  I totally sympathize with her and all of this makes me mad as hell.  I love Ukraine and it's people.  There is so much potential but because of the past corruption and of course Russia and P... that now it is so very doubtful of the future of Ukraine.  There is a real crime in this world and it is that people of Ukraine now have no real allies to stop him.  God bless ALL of Ukraine!

I live in Kharkiv which is north of Donetsk.  It is a very sad time in Dontesk.  We have friends who are from there and had to flee to Kharkiv because of the fighting.  It is one place you do not want to go right now.  People are very afraid right now of what is happening and with Russia escalating the war.  No one knows when it will end.  There are plenty of youtube videos to help you understand, for words are not enough.

If you love your girl very much.  Please talk nice to her and gentle, but most of all get her with you.  The winds of change are happening, and no one can predict the future..  For myself and my family, we feel safe where we are at, but we keep our ears to the ground to hear what is coming along.  A lot of Expats have their own preparations made here in the east.

We are very fortunate that in Kharkiv we do not have the same situation very close to us as in Donbass and Luhansk, but we pray a lot for Ukraine.  I am sure your wife to be is very sweet, the only advise I can have for you is to bring her to you.

Take care, for this is a very delicate matter to discuss for a lot of people here.  For as they say the walls have ears.  That is why most people do not want to discuss the situation but most of all, it is too close for them to talk about.  Ukrainians are sensitive people.  But there are plenty of sites that you can explore on Ukraine on facebook that are Pro-Ukrainian and give some accurate information.  Unfortunately anything that is reported from other regions East and North of us, please read through rose colored glasses.

Thank you very much for your post, your care, your advice and for your own situation.  I truly appreciate truth and courage.  It is what separates the good from the bad.  Yes I love my lady, her family and all the fine people of not just Ukraine but my brothers and sisters in this world.  All those who just want to live in peace and to have a better life.  What could be wrong with such a simple thing?  I am quite sad but also angry that we have no real leaders of governments in this world who truly stand by the past agreements made to protect peoples and nations such as now in Ukraine!  Yes I love my lady and I totally support her.  In time and with God's assistance I plan to bring her to be with me.  The world is bigger then what those who wish to enslave us know.  But we ARE our brothers and sisters keepers.  We all must stand united and constantly be ready to oppose those who wish to do us harm.  God bless you!