Build a house

Does anybody have an idea of the cost of building a new house in Norway? There are plenty of companies that advertise but none seem to give a price. Has anybody done this? I wondered if it's cheaper than buying an existing house?

No one will give you the real price until you tell them your specifications. Building a house will depend on how big it is and what materials you wish to use. The location of the property you have chosen is also a big factor.

Hi,
I've been looking in the catalogues, the houses are set sizes that's why I asked about prices.

Thank you for the reply.

It's hard indeed for company to give a price without specification, also often a big part of the cost is linked to preparing the grounds, if you have to remove rocks, it could multiply the price of the house. All in all, it is often a little more expensive to build than to buy a wholly finished house but then you can get the house exactly the way you want.

Yes, you also have to tell them the specification of the interior and the work you would require the builders. I am sure that you will find a cheaper house if you are willing to do the upgrading yourself. Good luck!

All the people I know who are buying material for DIY are going to Germany or Sweden to get raw materials. Very expensive in Norway!

Id like to know the same thing.  i understand the factors that go into pricing, but can anyone just yell a number on average, by experience or friends they have who built a home, how much the total was in general?  And like buying an existing home, surely you can get a bank loan for this as well?  more and more people seem to be building rather buying existing, so Im thinking it can be done and i already have something in mind from the catalogs I've been browsing :)

how many square meters are you building? I can give you an estimate.

well lets say this bad boy, http://www.boligpartner.no/ferdighus/la … leie=false

what do you think?

That's a monster house by Norwegian standards. And I mean... I lived in Snarøya and Bygdøy, so I know what "big posh house" means. Do NOT build such a house before you're sure it will be ok with your neighbours. :D

On the website they have some price tags (houses built in Gjøvik):
Toscana:
Antatt totalkostnad kr 3 600 000,- inkl. mva.

Kongsheim:
Antatt totalkostnad kr 2 750 000,- inkl. mva.

lol!  i know.  it looks like more room than i know what to do with!  But i was curious as what that can cost somebody!  the price doesn't include bits like water, heat...the home's "organs" i suppose..

Bethesda wrote:

well lets say this bad boy, http://www.boligpartner.no/ferdighus/la … leie=false

what do you think?

You have to calculate 10000 - 15000 per square meter (I don´t know how big this house is). All depends on the complexity of the house. Consider also the amount you will spend for the foundation, connection to the municipal water and waste water, burning or tearing down existing building if there is. Above the estimated amount add  x1,5  for landscaping and interior finishes. Assuming that you have already purchased a lot.

I had a house built here in Norway (while I was still living in the U.S.).  It was quite an adventure, and I don't recommend doing it that way.  It would have been better if I was living here while the house was under construction.  You can read about what happend and how I did it on my website: norwayliving.com

gskollingsberg - your post on your website on building a house in Norway is very good. It covered the problems and details of the concerns of a person building the house. To those who would like to go through it, I suggest you visit gskollingsberg´s website. :)

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this further, I've seen some land for a good price but wondered if I could get a 5 bedroom house on it for around 2500000 NOK. Not as big as the example above though.

My 2-bedroom flat in Bærum cost 2 700 000 - five years ago. Fairly old building, nice location.
2 500 000 sounds really cheap, but maybe somewhere else far away from Oslo...

http://www.byggebolig.no/byggebudsjett- … r-totalen/
I translate and sum up for you:
"18-22 000kr/m2 for a house of 250m2"
"4 100 000 for 250m2, including 730 000 for the land"
" 2 000 000 for 190m2" (but he did a lot himself)
"3 600 000 for 260m2"
"4 450 000 for 330 kvadrat m2 + 120 m2 veranda" (others said to him it was real cheap)

I'm in Nordland which is much cheaper than the south. I can get a 5 bed house up here 140M2 (not very big) that needs no work for 2600000 NOK.I have seen cheaper but they need work, this is why I wondered if I could build a house for less not including the land, there are some nice houses of about 250M2, I've seen a plot 1500M2 for 450000 NOK already levelled
Thanks..

"a plot 1500M2 for 450000 NOK"
Sounds nice!

http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/plot … rough=true
I drive or cycle past it weekdays to work.

yorkie100 wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I'll look into this further, I've seen some land for a good price but wondered if I could get a 5 bedroom house on it for around 2500000 NOK. Not as big as the example above though.

You probably can buy a 5 bedroom house for that amount but it is not going to be in the city centre. Where are you planning to live?

albjornstad wrote:
yorkie100 wrote:

You probably can buy a 5 bedroom house for that amount but it is not going to be in the city centre. Where are you planning to live?

Hi,

I want to stay where I am now in Ankenes or perhaps Bjerkvik, the land I've seen is next to Ankenes marina. I've seen a 5 bedroom house in Bjerkvik that is quite big for around 2600000 NOK, I'm just trying to find out the best option and wondered if anybody could say for sure which is the cheaper option.
I've got a good 15 months to decide but all I know is I don't want to live in Narvik itself. The land I've seen has just dropped by 40000 NOK as well.

Thanks for the reply.

If you find a 5 bedroom house for 2,5 M NOK, I suggest that you try to buy it. Or you can ask ålvsbyhus. So far, they are the cheapest I have seen in the market. They also have the prices online.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted, they give a quote for a six bedroom house in Nordland for 2.2M NOK so plus the land takes it to around 2.6M NOK which I think I would struggle to buy an existing house in good condition for this price.

Tusen takk.

Don´t forget the other expenses though... foundation and connection to public water & sanitation. This is an extra expense. Also, the extra finishing that you might be having :) Good luck!!!

can you please give me an average estimation for 120 sqm construction costs?

@archobaydakhattab

You have posted on an old inactive thread. (2014)

I suggest you open a new post.