LTT WiMAX

Anyone else getting bollox bandwidth?

It's been crap here in sticksville Janzour since Saturday...:mad:

Sorry, that was me downloading a movie on i-Tunes. Took me 20 hours and caused a black out in some parts of town. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you managed it at all...

The iTunes store isn't available from Libya ;)

Sandman6 wrote:

I'm surprised you managed it at all...

The iTunes store isn't available from Libya ;)

The US iTunes store does not appear to be IP address filtered and works in Libya.  You'll need a credit card with a US billing address to buy anything (or get any free downloads).

Edit: Downloading yet another free episode of lost season 6 now.

It's not just out in the sticks that the bandwidth is crap guys, Mahari area - 0600 hours 2Mbps, 1700 hours 56k :mad: So bad that Skype sometimes drops out.

I'm in Regatta and frankly it's been shite for the last few days... losing connection constantly to the point where I just gave up and switched it all off... It was either that or start smashing things! :)

Our IT man at the office tells me that LTT are in the process of "Upgrading services"

Fook me...I always understood that "upgrading" meant getting better? :mad:

Sandman6 wrote:

Our IT man at the office tells me that LTT are in the process of "Upgrading services"

Maybe this is the cause:

http://www.technolibya.com/communicatio … lable.html

Sandman6 wrote:

LTT and upgrade in the same sentence, now their is an oxymoron :lol: We get frequent peaks and troughs at work, we phone LTT who say "no problems here" and hey presto 5 minutes later our service is back and running. Being in IT (and a network engineer to boot) I know exactly where the problem lies, the LTT DNS servers are constantly falling over, but the bandwidth highs and lows are really confusing. I have tested back to the UK which is fair enough going to be restricted bandwidth at busy times, but I have also tested locally and get the same result :mad:

Use this link to test network speed and page load speed -

http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ The guys at work think I am a genius because I can go to their desks load this link (when they can't see) and then tell them their link speed :lol: Oh and I erase it from browser history etc after I have finished :)

My router's saying

300-400 Kbps down
7-10 Kbps outbound

It's getting a tiny bit better :lol:

talking about internet speed, got some news from google alert that Libya is going to block Youtube? after they found someone posted demonstration vids in Benghazi. Fact or Myth?

LTT blocks U Tube because it sucks up all their bandwidth - but there are several workarounds to avoid the block in another thread.

It has been working fine at my place in Ragatta .. But not when the weather is cloudy or foggy like the last few days .. Its definitely much better than many other locations in Libya .

Sandman6 wrote:

LTT blocks U Tube because it sucks up all their bandwidth - but there are several workarounds to avoid the block in another thread.

Under what thread? If you don't mind.....

try http://www.unblockz.com to bypass firewall

WiMAX sucks...it became soooooooooo slow, I cannot open my email or facebook!!

Any news on the supposed wimax system upgrade?  It's been shite in Regatta, but only on one type of modem (my friend has a diff modem and that works just fine).  I initially thought they'd copped on to us going over the download limit but now it's gone back off again so i'm really not sure.. and I know for certain that there's no way I did ten gig in a day...

They are still in the process of upgrading.

We recently moved house and I was very surprised after plugging in the black "kettle" modem that even in our downstairs den that I was getting 2 bars even without the external antennae.

Sandman6 wrote:

They are still in the process of upgrading.

We recently moved house and I was very surprised after plugging in the black "kettle" modem that even in our downstairs den that I was getting 2 bars even without the external antennae.

Alright mate, still a 'free man' then ? :lol: Was doing work related tests for Wimax today and it was flying, two of us just using the dongle (still contested at relay point) me listening to BBC radio 1, and still getting 1.2 Mbps, don't expect it to last though. Skype to UK better than normal as well :/

there is some issue going on with their billing system, as they have implemented the restriction of 10giga from this month, and billing is bringing the balance to zero after single connectivity.

Clansman wrote:

Alright mate, still a 'free man' then ? :lol:

A doddle....mind you the case was a no-brainer right from the off!

Sooooo classic!! I thought I was wallowing in s**t alone

Wimax still on the blink for us. Firing up the backup ADSL, need to pay up the penalty for not using it for months.............

gabacho wrote:

Started having the blinky status light problem here early this afternoon.

When I log into the wimax box and go to wimax status you can see that it cycles through the connection frequencies and sees signal from the tower.  Guessing this is an ltt problem.

Having the same problem here near Al Khadra since yesterday evening and still down.Have been watching tvu player a lot for past 3 weeks ad wondering if i have been capped or if is just a fault. Operating now off an Almadar dongle with sim and its painfully slow.

The donggle Lol 10 gigs a month i could never use up... its been sad, I wonder if asking for a few extra free months would be legit? They aren't providing the service they advertised! Gah

Canadianturkey wrote:

The donggle Lol 10 gigs a month i could never use up... its been sad, I wonder if asking for a few extra free months would be legit? They aren't providing the service they advertised! Gah

You know where the airport is. ;)

connection problem with Wimax. please advise. my status keep on blinking and cant connect. since yesterday. thnx for your advise...... am getting irritated!!!!!! will smash my router if this continues :-(((

there will be a bus laid on at this rate :lol:

Tayseer wrote:

will smash my router if this continues :-(((

I find this enlightened. people normally go for the monitor.

Tayseer, it IS the routers fault. Smash that mofo!  :)

MoEl wrote:
Canadianturkey wrote:

I also know where to find full organic heavy cream and blueberries!

.... honestly tho I do. :)

Canadianturkey wrote:
MoEl wrote:
Canadianturkey wrote:

I also know where to find full organic heavy cream and blueberries!

.... honestly tho I do. :)

In Tripoli? With whom do I have to sleep to know what you know?

Tayseer wrote:

connection problem with Wimax. please advise. my status keep on blinking and cant connect. since yesterday. thnx for your advise...... am getting irritated!!!!!! will smash my router if this continues :-(((

which modem you are using ? also check ur balance..

Try taking the modem in to LTT to have it reflashed. I suspect it's just a signal prob from LTT tho. :mad:

why in hell dont you guys go socialize and fornicate like normal people do in Libya instead of grawning and moaning like C.S.s do!

Mooh wrote:

grawning and moaning

Sounds like the Troll comes from Bolton :lol:

Mooh wrote:

why in hell dont you guys go socialize and fornicate like normal people do in Libya instead of grawning and moaning like C.S.s do!

Welcome to the forum Mooh. Excellent landing :rolleyes:

Mooh wrote:

why in hell dont you guys go socialize and .... like normal people do in Libya instead of grawning and moaning like C.S.s do!

Mooh, maybe you're a bit :offtopic: here (the topic is about information on modems) and could you please moderate your language?
Thanks for your comprehension
Arlette

Sandman6 wrote:
Mooh wrote:

grawning and moaning

Sounds like the Troll comes from Bolton :lol:

Hey, Ya cheeky bugger there's nowt wrong with Bowton lad

:)

Mooh wrote:

Quality input, I eagerly await your next insightful post :P