Expat blog gatherings in Medan

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Medan Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Medan: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Medan. ;)

Best,

Julien

That's a good idea so members could know each other better. So anyone would like to join?

Count me in

Great... welcome to the club :).
We need more people, anyone? Lets share the story.

hello

Hello all.

Do not hesitate to propose a date (1 or 2 weeks in advance), an hour and a place. Other members might be interested. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Anyone like to go for rafting? I know where the place for fun rafting. I think it will break the ice faster than sit at a cafe :p

Great! Thank to Justin for yoyr response. Two persons including me, anyone? Oh ya, 14th Jan is a public holiday, what do you think?

I would love to join. Fill me in on the details. Thanks!

Hi all, this is Tim from Australia, i am looking at moving over to Medan soon, i`d love to meet up with you expats aswell as locals, mad football fan so i`m hoping there is a least one football fan amonst you to catch up with the games now and again. cheers, Tim.

Dear friends in Medan,

Please include me in your invitation list.  I am new to Medan.  Would like to know more people.

Hi Julien.  I am in to that.

Siscaria wrote : Great! Thank to Justin for yoyr response. Two persons including me, anyone? Oh ya, 14th Jan is a public holiday, what do you think?

This kinda old thread Siscaria, posted almost a 8 months ago. But yea, who knows she will have another event where you can participate ;)

Hi Medan expats,
I will likely come over to Medan late September/early October and would love to meet up with people who have lived there for a while and who can share experiences, good and bads. And even if you are new to this area, it could of course be nice to meet up, as it is always interesting to have a chat with people who move around in the world. I don't know how you do this, but in case, my email is: [email protected]
See you guys!

hi anna welcome to medan.... my name is aini. i was born and live in medan, if u need something just contact me. i will be happy to help u. cheers aini

do you need private teacher for your kids? all subjects and all level. our teachers will come to your home.
[link under review]

contact me

Sorry, I filled in the info wrong..I am not yet in Medan, but 30th of September... Thanks for your kindness.

Hello there,

Invite me to the club..

Let's meet up!

Hi all...

My name is Aini, I am female, 27 YO, originally come from Medan,  :);) and currently working as MTC Director. I would love to invite those who are expat to gather in any place.in Medan just for chill and have some coffee. If you are interested, you could inbox me ASAP.

Thank you Very Much

Hi aini I am rahma I am from Tunisia but I am living in singer and I will be moving to medan after two months hope to see you there

Well actually, it has long time ago 2 years ago. And still everyone reply to this event :)

Hello on everyone. Its me pavithra, living in medan but I am from Malaysia.  Anyone free to hang out ? Add me in line.  My id is pavsss

Hi every one,
I am extreamelly would love to join with you though. I am an Indonesian woman, was born in Medan, used to work with exparts, English native speakers in Education field.  Now I am back in Medan. I miss the atmosphere of gathering, listenning to  international community discussion about current events or anything about, little bit of everything.  So I am most to have friends and sharing instead of practice my English for I belieave i have no problem with it.
So how do I get the chance?

Hi Aini, I am Ema, would love to chill out and have coffee tima as you said so. Then How?
I am native Medanese but just came back home  and willing to meet new people eng;ish speaking.
What do you say?

Hi Guys, I am David, from Kazakhstan, living in Medan for three months already and nine more to go.
Is there any expat meetings here? Let's meet;)

davidorlov wrote:

Hi Guys, I am David, from Kazakhstan, living in Medan for three months already and nine more to go.
Is there any expat meetings here? Let's meet;)

I haven't seen any advertised on here but please feel free to start one.

Is this thread still alive? I am going to move to Medan this coming June.

Any meet up?

any meet up?
Send me PM, Im Medan Citizen..

:D

Invite me to the club im in medan now and i need friends in my life that speak english

:):):)

Hi all!
I'm Cata from UK, will be relocating from China to Medan in August, would be great to join a Medan gathering. Do add me on any Medan groups you have.
Thanks

Hey Cata,

I'm currently living in Shanghai and was thinking of moving somewhere in Indonesia.

Have you moved to Medan?  And if so, what's been your experience of living there like?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Hey,
Yes I'm in Medan now, since last August.
What can I say about Medan? ...it's not Shanghai that's for sure...much much less developed. I live in a Chinese area so I still get to taste good Chinese food and hear Chinese dialects around.
That's one very positive thing here: amazing cheap food.
Most things are cheap compared to China.
It's not a very attractive city...but there's a lot of nature around , natural parks, orangutan reservations , lakes within reach, mostly by bus or rental transport.
Anything else you want to ask WA me: ***

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct