Spanish Schools in Quito or Cuenca

Hi there, i'm new to the forum. I am going to Ecuador next year and I want to spend a few months learning Spanish. Can anybody recommend a good school? I hear there are a few in Quito to choose from but I also like what I am reading about Cuenca and may go there instead. Any help is mucho apreciato.

Max,

You can use the search function in the green banner at the top of the webpage to find previous mentions of Spanish Schools on this blog ...

You'll find out more in 15 minutes than in 15 days of reading "new" posts ...

thanks for the tip.... :)

I've been to Andean Global Studies (in Quito) a couple of times and really like it. They have a website and have a good sister school in Cuenca.

Hey Max

i am seriously contemplating moving to Cuenca so I thought I'd bounce an idea off you, as a rookie in the Spanish speaking arena.

I was born in Canada and my Dad took a job for an oil company so i grew up in Colombia and Peru. I am fluent in Spanish, 67 years old, retired engineer. I live in Calgary, Canada. What I'm thinking of doing is starting a "kick start" Spanish program. The idea would be to introduce folks to the wonderful language and give them a working start on speaking the fundamentals (shopping,travel, day to day business, restaurant. Then folks could go on to the more formal learning, at a school for example where they would pay $.

My idea is that one would not even have to pay, but offer something at the end of the course as some type of compensation 9(say dinner, or even $ if so inclined). My kick Start Spanish would probably take a month, say 10 hours a week...don't want anyone to feel like they are drinking from a fire hose!

Any thoughts on how/if this approach makes sense?

Thanks

Greg

Very nice that you wouldn't charge for it. So many gringos looking to make a buck.

I use Espanol Intensivo in Quito, very professional , they charge more than other schools but worth the price.  This school offers the Spanish language exam DELE which is a world wide recognized exam like IELTS.Its located behind petro Ecuador on Amazonas y Eloy Alfaro, next to the German Hombolt center.

Hey there,

I spent 4 weeks learning Spanish in Quito. And I loved it the city is great there are many thing to do and to discover and you will have enough time and the perfect location to travel at the weekends.
I also visited Cuenca. Cuenca ist beatuiful, much more smaller and calmer, but with a great restaurant, fashion and bar scene, So its up to you, what you prefer.

I can recommend my Spanish school from Quito Ailola Quito ailolaquito.com. It was a great stay over there, the school is very small the atmosphere is great and you feel like home pretty fast. Otherwise This Page 123teachme.com is also good for looking for language schools including reviews from students.
I hope you enjoyed your stay in Ecuaodr, wherever you went :)
Saludos,
Marie