Restaurants in Diplomatic Quarters

Aside from Scalini are there any other restaurants in the Diplomatic Quarters area? thanks

I was intrested to know the same.
Also, I woul like to know if there is some club for families in DQ

pkmusd wrote:

Also, I woul like to know if there is some club for families in DQ

You mean like a sports club?  or you mean like a .. disco? ;)

Nah, Disco and KSA doesn't match. But someone was telling me there is a club that offers membership for families mainly for swimming etc.

Hi ,I wanted to visit DQ with my family ,can anyone go there or only if u have apointment or something?

I'm pretty sure there are no other restaurants on the DQ aside from Scalinis, aside from a host of fast food joints on Al Kindi Plaza (near the grand mosque).

There is a DQ sports club that I believe people can join for a monthly fee, but standard Saudi segregation rules apply and there are specific days for families etc. Some embassies may operate a membership type deal for expats. All I know for certain is that the British Embassy doesn't.

Most embassies have social clubs, although to varying degrees of expat participation.

Sorry I couldn't bear better news!

There is actually a ladies spa/gym with a small restaurant at the DQ.

Obviously one I can't get access to because I'm of the opposite gender :P

And obviously this information wasn't for you--I was adding to what you'd told Muslima :)

Muslima, you can get into the DQ no problem.  The guards at the gate may (or may not) ask to see your ID.  If you give them a big smile, they usually just wave you through! :)

lol, who knows, maybe when my other half gets back I can get in :D haha

Or maybe I should just book in for a facial anyway? lol

Alliecat wrote:

Muslima, you can get into the DQ no problem.  The guards at the gate may (or may not) ask to see your ID.  If you give them a big smile, they usually just wave you through! :)

I can vouch for that.... some of the most useless security guards (although they are actually "Diplomatic Police") I've ever seen... there is laid back and then there are the DQ guards LOL

tonguetwister wrote:

Or maybe I should just book in for a facial anyway? lol

Or maybe even get your legs waxed like that other guy? :lol:

I'm just picturing me screaming.... the embassies wouldn't be able to get any work done but for the blood curdling screams I'll be screaming....seriously, why do women do that to themselves? I saw 40 Year Old Virgin! I know! haha

thanks everyone I'll try it out .i wanted to check out manahil center in DQ.

muslima1 wrote:

thanks everyone I'll try it out .i wanted to check out manahil center in DQ.

Manahil is good, my wife joined manahil for about six months.. in her view its very good but pricey too.

Disco ,,,,,, haha dost exist but every embassy and every ,,,, compound arrange parties disco nights ... just u have to get rite conatct.. i used to go parties in riyadh 4 years .. just few months back shiffted to khobar ,, i had nice conatcts and groups who do this in usa , canada british italian  embassies.

Ok so you have to get permission to go to DQ? what is special about it? I thought it was just a quarter like the others.. What is the Manahel center? I'm kinda new here..

@Als  you don't need permission to go to the DQ.  There is a Starbucks there and a nice Italian restaurant (Scalini's) plus many areas to walk/jog.

What you DO need permission for is to attend any embassy functions (you have to be on their list of attendees).

Alliecat wrote:

@Als  you don't need permission to go to the DQ.  There is a Starbucks there and a nice Italian restaurant (Scalini's) plus many areas to walk/jog.

What you DO need permission for is to attend any embassy functions (you have to be on their list of attendees).

Oh ok that make sense.. I misunderstood :D Thanks Allie :)

Please can someone direct me from the DQ gate to Scalinis.

From the main entrance, you go straight. You pass the circle 1 and circle 2, always straight.
Just after the circle 2, you'll see a big blue ATM machine (I think it is from Samba bank). You turn right just before and your driver (I guess) will have to drop you close to the entrance of the building. You just have to walk 50m to get to Scalini.

SR1 tip : Eat the bread they give you when you order quickly while it's hot! When it's cold, it becomes tasteless.