Internet service providers

we have been using a 3g usb internet modem from tigo for internet for 3 years now and have been satisfied with it until recently. it was occasionally slow but has now become very slow all the time.

we want to change our contract and not sure what is the best option.

we would prefer to continue with usb rather than a mast or landline as the one in the apartment we rent frequently has problems.

we don't have a tv so are not bothered about a combined package.

is anyone else having problems or have found a plan that works well and provides anywhere near the stated speed?

i saw that there are now 1,000,000 smartphones here, so maybe everything is getting saturated.

i know this subject has been covered before on the boards but not for a while.

Do you speak Spanish ?
There are a few providers that can offer nice suggestions. You could end your contract, and could start another, or by ending the contract, start with another provider.
I suggest, you ask them for a solution, and go shop with a few providers.
I hear the glasfiber cable is doing very well. As they now even offer it in 'the campo', when signing with enough people that is...

Hello ignatia,
You are not alone! It seems our internet has been pretty terrible recently as well. We also have Tigo, and over the past - I would say month or so - (since the last big lightening storm) our internet has been hit and miss. More misses though!

I also have VOX for my phone (smart phone) and it has seemed extremely slow also. I do not have any good advice for you though... just to confirm that you are not the only one having a problem!

Ladies  and gentlemen,
can you tell me more about 3g signal coverage, price of internet (prepaid/postpaid), and also where can i see (or you can tell me) ADSL coverage map of Paraguay (...and price, please)?
thanks  :)