Informations about Riyadh..

hello to everybody,
i'm Agnese, an Italian girl.
My partner is turkish and received a job offer in Riyadh.
But we will not live in a compound but in a normal building with other Turkish families.
We are trying to understand how are the life conditions over there.. especially for me, the one who can not work.
For example, not being in a compound can i still go out and to have the opportunity to go to an expat area by myself while my husband works? etc..etc..
Thanks in advance
Agnese

Ciao Agnese,

First of all, I hope you are married to your partner, because otherwise you can't come here.

Second, if you are used to life in Turkey, Italy, indeed nearly anywhere else in the world, and would like life here to be just even half as convenient and relaxing, you should live in a compound if you can afford it.  There are very few Western women who do not live in compounds, and most of those women are married to Saudis, so they live in big villas.

Even living in an apartment, you can take a taxi and go anywhere you like.  If you live in an apartment, you will never get the chance to just be yourself and dress as you please outside the apartment, as you will have wear the black cloak (abaya) outside.  In a compound, you can stroll inside the compound dressed as you want, sit at the pool, sunbathe, sit in your backyard/garden, or go swimming.  Not possible in an apartment.

Buona fortuna  :)

sure you can

and even you can work , there is no issue here

you can freely move