Looking for an advice about the country

Hello,

I would like to ask you for a small advice about which country I should choose to work and live there. So:

I am from Russia and honestly I dont support the life here. I believe I really should think about emigration, and that is what I am actually doing. The doubt I always have is what country to choose. Here I find my biggest problems. I can without big difficulties change my way of living, actually, I dont have big problems with languages, because I already speak English, French and Spanish and I am always ready to learn something new. I have yet some time to choose my profession, so I am not going to see this difficult. ;) I would also assure that I wouldnt have to pass all my life in working with documents to get a nationality etc. I believe I dont have big climatic preferences, I like nearly all the weather, like rain, sun or snow  it is the same for me. The thing I dont like are big cities, for example in England I prefer Portsmouth to London and Worthing to Portsmouth. I believe that 300.000 inhabitants are enough for me, although I have nothing against a smaller town.

The question is that I dont know which country to choose. I would prefer to leave for the Antilles, Latin America, South African countries (including the islands) or Oceania. I would also like to find quite a small town, but with possibilities to find a job like an engineer.

So I would like to ask you for a small advice, which country you would recommend me.

Thank you very much for reading and answering!

Edit: I know that there are some countries with present racist questions, so I find useful to add that physically I am like a typical Spanish or Italian, when I am met for the first time, I am always asked if I am from there.

P.S.: Translating my post on the same forum, but written in French, I hope I dont act against the forum rules.

Hello Maxime,

First of all it would probably be much more effective for you to decide which countries you would be interested in learning more about and the posting your question directly to that national forum. That way you will also get more relevant information about the country since, for the most part, you will be hearing from people who actually live in that country.

You can access all of our national forums by clicking on the name of the country that you will find the list of all countries (separated into geographical regions) at the bottom of the Expat Forum main page.

Each nation's forum has 5 different language versions the main forum is English you can access other language versions (French, Spanish, Italian & Portuguese) by clicking on the flag icon in the menu bar at the top of the forum page. You can move back and forth through the different forums and language versions as you wish.

Please read the national forum's Code of Conduct in the English language version of each forum. In consideration for all other members please post ONLY in the language specific to that forum. Your cooperation and understanding will be appreciated by all.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Moving to a foreign country is a difficult task and I have seen many fail in it.
In my experience, chances of success are far greater if you have something to look forward to, rather than just something you want to get out of. Unfortunately, in your posting, you only mention you "dont support the life" in your home country, but not what you would like to move to (other than a mid-sized city of 300000). So you should first make up your mind about this, and keep in mind that no place on earth will meet your wishes entirely, and each place will come with disadvantages - many of which you'll only find out about when you live there.
Another aspect is what you do for a living. You indicated that you have not yet chosen a profession. Most countries give visa allowing work only to experienced people with skills that are in demand there. You are well-advised to complete your education and get a few years work experience in an internationally mobile job type before you try to try to relocate. When looking for a job abroad, you also need to convince the employer that it is in their interest to hire you as a foreigner instead of a local (despite the bureaucratic hazzles involved in hiring you). This is harder than finding a job at home!

I agree with beppi's post. 
You have to give this idea of leaving Russia a lot of thought, weigh up your options, have a back up plan if things go wrong, and have plenty of money aside.

Education, certificates,and experience in your field of expertise etc are mandatory for working in other countries these days.

You will need to pick say 3 countries you would like to work in then do some in depth research on them. Or research international jobs in whatever field of expertise you are looking to work in,then start applying.

What ever you do, don't rush and do something you may later regret just for the sake of wanting to leave Russia.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR