Job offer in Maputo

Hi Gavi

My husband has a job offer in hand for Mozambique. Just wanted to know about the life of Indians there. We are vegetarians. Is the country safe & good to live. How is the lifestyle there. Any adjustment problems. Can we settle there with our kid. How is the climate there.

Your suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum Rachita,

We created a new thread on the Maputo forum for the other one was a bit old.
Hope this will help you obtain more insights from other forum members.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi.

Mozambique is  a good place to stay for few yrs to make money.but not to settle  here. I hope company will bear all  your housing and travel expenses, else it is very coostly.indian groceries are available. There are lot of indians staying here and also have temple in  maputo.pls let me know,which  location  are staying,  So that I will help you with more details..

Regards/krishna

Living as a vegetarian is very easy in Mozambique.Most Mozambicans do too,since they have little money to spare to buy meat.There is an excellent fruit and vegetable market in Maputo.The temperature is subtropical with temperatures going down to 18 celsius in the winter (August).Sometimes I think that big business is entirely in the hands of Indians,often from Goa.Life in Maputo was much more convenient than in for instance Beira and also other cities in the country.And South Africa is just an hour and half away by bus.But learn some Portuguese since English is not always understood.
You will enjoy life there very much!
Eep Luiken