MOVING TO HANOI

hye guys whats up? I am planning to movie to Hanoi in June or July. Can anyone tell me  whats the safest and nicest district or town over there . Can i get a nice place for USD 500-600? about nightlife? is it safe ? you know general stuff? how much is the beer? etc.............. thanks all ..........

Tây Hồ district, expat area in Hanoi.
$500-$600 u can rent perfect place, house or apt 2-3 beds; service apt 1-2 bed  ( call me).
2 cent per glass of Hanoi draft beer ( good beer - flow me heheeeee).
Food  $400 per month for single.
Water + electronicity + internet + TV channels about $80-$100 per month.
Motor rent $40 per month.

Hey thanks alot for the info. Is the Tay Ho district you talking about safe? I also wanted to ask about a domestic helper. You know a lady who comes to the place like twice a week and cleans up the place.how much would that cost me?

I know a maid, she charge nearly $2 per hour .
Tay ho dictrict ( or West lake) have a lot of expat and embassador, highly security here.
A lot international school and offices and restaurants,  hotels around.

I really appreciate that.  What's the temperature in December and January in hanoi? Sorry I have many questions. I also heard that if I have a Vietnamese girlfriend and she is staying with me then it's not allowed without marriage ? What if my girlfriend is a foreigner?

Around Dec and January the winter be more hard, hanoi doesn't have snow but coolest.
Yes, the rule unexcept man and woman stay together in the same room but still a lot couples share apt and house together. However, the police still can except and understand humanly reason...The police have nothing to ask or making difficult if your girlfriend is foreigner.

So you mean they don't care if my girlfriend and I are foreigners but if one of us is Vietnamese then it can be a problem? How do they know that the couple are staying together and what do they do if they catch?

Catch? will Never happen.
Me and my husband 9 years in relationship and we  have 2 kids .

Great. I am really excited to be there and start a new life. Got to learn new things too. Do you also stay in Tay ho ? If I rent a place. Do I have to pay any deposit? If yes then how much? Please tell me more about things over there.

My family stay in Ciputra Tayho ( around the west lake) over 9 years.
Yes, u will pay for deposit 1 month only, the landlord will return when the contract finish. 3-4-6 months per time for advance. Most of real estate offer for expat including with full furniture.

is your husband also Vietnamese like you are?

[moderated: free advertisement is not allowed]

Thanks. That's very helpful. I am just waiting to find out that where my office is going to be. And my company will pay for my accommodation and yes I would like to contact you when I reach there. I am looking for one or two bedroom. Send me some pictures please. My email is [email protected]. thanks. Do they have swimming pool and gym too?

Hi,
I just sent you an email.Please check it
Thank you

Well I checked but I got no mail regarding pics. Have you sent it to the right email?

Oh,I checked again ,I sent right email.
I sent you the links of pictures .My email .Please check it again .
Many thanks

Hi i checked again but still didn't get any mail. Anyway no worries I will check the link you sent me in one of your previous message.

I just got your mail and I am truly impressed by the pictures you sent me. Well I will keep you in mind.  The apartment is quite nice actually. I will get back to you in a few days

Hi Mr Omar
Here is my offers:
1 bed room service apt in west lake: $250; $320; $450.
2beds room apt: $400; $450; $650
3 beds room house: $ 700.
All including full furniture and good quality
All properties 100% NEW , modern design, view to west lake and Red River
Security 24h/7
Near shopping center; sports; schools; restaurants. ..
Free service for lessee

Hi everybody,

Please note that  housing offers and requests should be made at this section : Housing in Hanoi section.

Also note that free ad is not allowed on the forum.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

(Thread closed)

Closed