What about Bukavu

Nobody here living in Bukavu?
I just arrived! Where are you all?
Ask me your questions.

Hello efelle.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Can you please introduce yourself?
How is life in Bukavu? What can you tell this city?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi!
I am not in Bukavu, but I need to travel up there. Can you perhaps advise me on which airport, which airline and which accommodations to use?  I will be coming from Lubumbashi.
Regards
Megan

I have been here for almost 3 weeks please give details where to go shopping restaurants and more where can we buy quality meat and other products like back.

thanks
rob

Hi Meghan, I fly from Lubumbashi Kenya airways to Nairobi and then to Kigali Rwanda and finally with Rwandair to Kamembe (Rwanda) then you just drive across the border.

I have heard there are direct flights from Lubumbashi to Kavumu airport here in Bukavu with CAA but they are not a airline to be trusted.

Not sure about your budget but the orchid safari lodge is very nice if not a bit pricey and coco lodge I think might be more affordable.

Hope this helps.
Rob

Hi, I would like to have more information about the price of the house for rent, and the living price, globally (food, entertainment, etc...), because I hear that, like every place where there are a lot of expatriates and international organizations, the life is very expensive...is it true?

Hi jarivebiento - please note that this is quite an old thread... i invite you to post an advert in the housing section where you will get to compare the prices as well :)

I really want to visit Bukavu as well. If there is anybody who knows well about the place, please share any information~ :)