Expat blog gathering in BH - May, 4th

Hello everyone,

I recently moved from France to Belo Horizonte.

What do you think of organizing an event this month in which  expats in BH could meet?

Let me know if you are interested in such an event, if you have ideas or if you know about similar events that are already organized in the area.

Thank you !!

Cheers

Hello Kay25.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Nice idea! Do not hesitate to suggest a date, an hour and a place.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello again,

I would like to suggest you all to meet at a great pizzaria called 'Speciali pizza bar' in the area of Savassi/Lourdes in Belo Horizonte.
The exact address is: Rua Fernandes Tourinho, 805, Lourdes - Belo Horizonte.

We could meet the first weekend of May if it is okay for everyone.
So let's say that we meet on Saturday 4th of May at 19:00 at the restaurant.

But I will have to make a reservation for a table at least a week before.
So please everyone, let me know if you are willing to come and how many people are coming with you.

I will keep everyone informed on this forum.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers

Kiane

Hey Guys,

I am up for it for defo! I know a few other people who would like to come also but I will get back to you with numbers when I know!

Okay great Paulalee, let us know

Hi Kay25, paulalee and greengirl,

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, it is my extreme pleasure to welcome you all on board. Hope you're all enjoying BH. I lived there for a number of years and there's always lots of interesting things to see and do.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Also, I have just arrived to town. there are limited knowledge about this region. can some body help me to understand this region

Hello everyone,

just to let you know that 6 people already confirmed they are coming to the pizzeria the 4th of May (2 guys and 4 girls).

Hope that more people will join us.

You can inform us on this forum or send me a private message.

Cheers

I will Defo be coming and my friend who's from Belgium is also coming. I will ask my other friend tomorrow and let you  know!

Hi,

Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately I will be out of town on the 4th of May. If there are any other opportunities I would very much like to join. I am living in BH for 4 weeks now and still don't know that many people.

Cheers,
Les

Hi everybody..
I think this is a great initiative.
I will for sure try and make it,,but will let you know closer to the date.
Hope to see you all soon.
Best regards
Jove

Great idea, I would love to join, count me in, if there are no suprises, I will of course be there!! Will bring someone with me...

THanks!!

Okay great, welcome on board!!

This makes us, for the moment, 12 people confirmed (or to be confirmed) including Paulalee and your two friends, and meljohnson86 and your friend, and also jjp7070 (waiting for your confirmation), plus the private messages I have received.

Will keep you all informed if more people are joining us.
I'll also make a recap at the end of the week.

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for the invite and normally I would love to go.
However, May 4th is also the day that Paul McCartney is in BH and we have tickets, so I won't be able to make this one.

Keep me in mind for any future meet ups though.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Kay,

Thanks for the invite and welcome to BH! I won't be able to make it on May 4th but I hope you'll keep me in the loop for the next one.

Best wishes,
Shannon

Hi
Ok I will make it..so please put me down for two people :D
Looking forward to meet you all.
Have a great weekend.

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that the reservation at Speciali Pizza has been made. 12 people confirmed they are coming.
So we will meet at the restaurant around 19h. Ask for the table Expatblog when you arrive. I'll be there with my sister a little bit earlier.

For the ones that are interested to join us but did not confirm yet, feel free to come to the restaurant.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Hello guys & gals,

I hope you all have a truly wonderful time at your Expat-blog gathering in Savassi. That was one of my favorite neighborhoods in all of Belo Horizonte when I lived there.

If I had the time and money for the trip I'd come to join in with you too because I'd love to meet all of you, but I'm living on a fixed pension and little else. My position with Expat-blog is only voluntary and they don't fund anything of the like, so I'm going to miss all the fun.

Kay25, take lots of photos of your event and if you don't already have a Photobucket account create one. Then send me a PM once you've done that and I will tell you how you can upload them to this thread.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hey,

Sorry to do this so close to the event but I would like to add another 2 friends to the list if that is possible?

So there is 4 of us coming including me.

See you all soon!!

Hello Paulalee,

It's totally okay to add your friends, don't worry. I anticipated the possibility of more people joining us.

See you soon

Cheers

HIIII..

Just a quick note to say,,,what a great time we had last night,,it was great meeting everybody and getting to know some new faces,,lets do this again soon..
Lateeeer!!!!

Hello!!

The gathering was great last night!! It was a real pleasure to meet you all :)

I have sent you an email with the pictures we took. Inform me if you did not receive it.

Hope to see you soon !!

Maybe another gathering event will be organised soon.

Cheers

HI MEL INTERESTED IN ORGANIZING A MEETING IN BELO HORIZONTE?

Hello konstantinos1829 -> Could you please lower your caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Merhaba,
kolay gel sen arkadas, iyim?

If you are still here in BH, let me know.

Hadi, Yak sam lar

Güle Güle,
Peter

Hello,
itŽs a good idea, would like to meet more people from outside.

We also could arrange a "festa estrangeira"

Best RGRDS,
Peter

Hello Piotr,

This topic thread is a year old and has not been active since.

If you would like to arrange some kind of get-together in Belo Horizonte you should choose a time and location, post the information as a separate topic thread and see how it goes.

There is also a group in BH called Minas International and they hold regular events. You should watch for postings or visit their homepage at     www.minasinternational.com

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Ok, thank you for the Information!
WhatŽs about you, how many years you are living here in Brazil and finaly what was your decision to stay here?

Best RGRDS,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I've been here in Brazil for over 12 years now. I've lived in numerous different cities... Manaus - AM, São Paulo - SP (twice), Belo Horizonte - MG (also twice), Porto Seguro - BA and now in Macaé - RJ.

Came here originally to build a school for poor kids in the Amazon. I didn't really have any intention of staying any longer than 3 to 6 months initially, but by the end of the six months I had fallen in love with the BRAZILIAN PEOPLE and just couldn't bring myself to leave despite all the numerous problems here.

Now I'm married to a wonderful young Brazilian woman and we have a 6 year old Brazilian born son who is my whole world wrapped in one little package.

Sorry we missed your evening. Please include us in the next event.
Paul & Istell Carlin (South Africa)