Buku Biru / Blue Book / POA / Immigration Control Book

Hi All,
Does anybody know what is the function of the blue book?
Do we need to bring it every time we go abroad?

Thank you.

The book is a full record of your status in Indonesia.
You  probably won't need it as you also have a stamp in your passport but, if it's easy enough to carry, I would anyway.

As far as I know the blue book is the police record of you and needs to be kept safe because if that becomes lost you have to try and get another one which is complicated.  The kitas comes with the book and it is wise to have some colour copies of it and the original keep safe.  If you are leaving the country you do not need to show the book just your passport with the correct stamps.  Showing immigration anything else gets them all asking questions you don't want to be asked.
I wander around the country using my kitas and sim as id and only use my passport if I really have to.

I use my SKLD as ID.
I got it when I got my last immigration docs but I believe it's no longer a legal requirement.
However, even though I carry the SKLD, I can't remember the last time it came out of my wallet, I generally just show my SIM C when asked by whoever.
Last Christmas, we travelled by air, an internal flight, and I just used the SIM as all of my other forms of ID were with immigration or out of date as I hadn't got the new immigrations docs at that time.

Thank you mas fred and lukereg.
So if you go abroad (for MERP holder), what are the document that need to be brought? Passport only or KITAS also required?

I know it's a old post but as such also not up to date.

The blue book is not required anymore.....

Happy hour instead of opening and replying to every old thread you find, why not open a new one which summarises all the immigration information you are aware of?

It would be far more useful and easy to read.

Luke...agree, will work on some new threads.

I joined just today so need to get a little more use to this forum.

happyhour wrote:

I know it's a old post but as such also not up to date.

The blue book is not required anymore.....

I was aware of changes as, when I went to immigration last week to update my address, they had little interest in the blue book, just giving me a slip of paper instead.
I must check the new rules.

Same happening to a friend who just extended his KITAS few days back, this new regulation was implemented just recently.

Have put the info in a new thread

happyhour wrote:

Same happening to a friend who just extended his KITAS few days back, this new regulation was implemented just recently.

Have put the info in a new thread

Excellent - thank you.
I'm running a bit behind on the new regs so I must get up to date.

Sure....very welcome  :top: