Looking for a coffee pal!

Hi! I'm a swede living in Villeurbanne with my french boyfriend. Since coming here I have been trying to find a job and learn french (with the help of Assimil), but both has been harder than I thought! I'm thinking I need to get out more, so I'm wondering if there is anyone who'd like to meet in Lyon for a coffee or a drink? I would love to hear more about the city and life here, and if you speak french it would be cool so that I can practice a little :)

Hope to hear from you!

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

As an American who is now residing in this city for almost a year I know exctely how you feel. Likewise, as an American my I drink a lot of coffee. I live not far from Gratte Ciel and starbucks is my local home ;).

I also have a group that i organise every Tuesday where many english speeking people form many countrues meet and drink coffee etc. You don't have to come since I usually also drink coffee alone or with a freind on any given day.

Lastly, Welcome to Lyon.

Enjoy
Rocky

I always do beeter then starbucks believe me the location of my meetup group in Lyon is never starbucks ;).. However in Villerbaunne I don't know of any other place that serves big cup of coffee american style ;).

Hi Rocky! Where do you usually organize these meetings? Sounds perfect! My boyfriend is also looking to meet some musicians in this city, looks like you are one? He's from Paris and also new to Lyon. How about a starbucks coffee soon?

I organise it on OVS every Tuesday at 13h at Chaque en ca tase and for the people who work I do so Thursdays evenings at verious pubs.

Brink your boyfriend so I can tell him all about the music here in Lyon.

Hey there Lisa,
I am an Australian woman in a similar situation. It's strangely hard and amazing at the same time I find. Been here about 5 months, but there is still so much to see in Lyon. Living in Saint Etienne with my partner, but studying French (B1) in Lyon. Interested in left wing politics, dancing, travel and lots of other bits and pieces. Let me know if you are free for an awkward coffee and chat ;)
Cheers,
Eleanor

Hey all,
I'm Irish and I've been living here for over a year with my french boyfriend... have a little bunch of french friends, but would love to have a 'coffee pal' who speaks english! I teach piano in a music school near Place Guichard. Good fun. I'm on holidays all this week though so I'm trying to motivate myself to meet new people :)

Would love to meet up for an 'awkward coffee and chat' sometime if any of you are about ?
Sophie

Heya Sophie,

I'm around Lyon tomorrow before of after lunch time. Private message me if you wanna meet for a chat :)

Cheers,
Eleanor

Hey! I just moved to Lyon in January! I'm always out having coffee, usually at mokxa or la bicycletterie.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up,

Patricia

Hi,
My name is vincent,I m french and I live in Lyon.
I use this website when I go in other country, and I know that it's very cool to speak with local people in order to discover the city or just to speak, I work for french association about cultural exchange.

I will be living in Villeurbanne too when I move to Lyon next month. Would love to catch up for a coffee!