Any teachers just started with Education Experts?

Beakersful wrote:

Details on Dave's.

It's about time the authorities stepped in and sorted them out once and for all.

Well jeeze ... you couldn't give me the link?! :rolleyes:

Hi Subeer,

How's the process going with the Saudi British Centre?

I applied for a position and a Mr Radwan got back to me in

super quick time. He has sent through a contract and will send

through the electronic visa tomorrow. I'm expected to pay the

visa processing costs. The contact hours are 30 hours per week

eventhough it isn't mentioned in the contract, no mention of

overtime. Have you received your electronic vis and have you

made contact with the visa processing company?

Regards

Malcolm

I Malcolm,

Yes I have made contact with the visa processing company, I have also done my medical checks with them, they kept my passport and also my certificates to be certified by a lawyer. I did not get an electronic visa like you, my be it's on the way or something! Funny enough my contract does not mention any hours of work, it only says "hours of work will be governed by the Saudi labour law" when I asked  the TLTP agency about this their answer was "they'll explain it to you when you get there". So I am just waiting to hear from the visa and medical processing company  now.

Warm regards,

Suber.

Subeer wrote:

Funny enough my contract does not mention any hours of work, it only says "hours of work will be governed by the Saudi labour law" when I asked  the TLTP agency about this their answer was "they'll explain it to you when you get there".

:blink:

Alliecat wrote:
Beakersful wrote:

Details on Dave's.

It's about time the authorities stepped in and sorted them out once and for all.

Well jeeze ... you couldn't give me the link?! :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to be obtuse.  There are a few threads over at Dave's that were relevant to the whole situation and I don't like posting direct links to discussions there to avoid exacerbating things in public forums.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Thanks.]

I have been offered a role with Edu. Which city?

They have told me the accommodation in Dammam is of the highest quality sea front. They are are willing to let me fly with my wife and son..

Should I choose Dammam or Jeddah..Riyadh is second choice.

Help!!

I have been given contract from education expert and need help to understand about the condition of work and the salary. On the contract it says 35 hours and it could be 48hours. Help will be appreciated. I have to send the contract back on Monday!

Munir_72 wrote:

I have been given contract from education expert and need help to understand about the condition of work and the salary. On the contract it says 35 hours and it could be 48hours. Help will be appreciated. I have to send the contract back on Monday!

1) Is this your first TEFL job?
2) Have you asked EdEx to explain?

Did it say teaching hours, total hours (including office) and max hours?

Hello,

For those of you who've worked with EDEX within the last year, as anything changed in regards to the negative experiences? I just had an interview with them this morning, very awkward. It didn't last long, they had a fire drill during it, and he didn't ask much about my experience. He did seriously low ball me on the offer though, but then I reminded him that I had a Masters. I asked about locations in Jeddah(mainly because I saw in other posts that EDEX didn't have any and I wanted to see what he'd say) he said yes they do and I could be placed there. He then told me to send a copy of my passport and then he'd send me the contract and I had to pay the application fee 500gbp within 7 days. I'm most likely going to say no though. Mainly because 1 I wouldn't be resuming till September/October so I don't see why I should pay the visa and such now and 2. It all seemed dodgy.

Any ways, so for those who are there now, how has it been?

I've had an interview with them myself... I haven't accepted the offer yet... What's considered low ballin?

the more I read the expat forms the more I realize there's Complaints  with just about every single company

I actually realized he wasn't low balling me as much. Just gave me the salary in gbp and not USD. Have you decided whether or not to take the offer?

You're right though, a lot of the companies have complaints. I have a friend who's teaching at PNU now with ***** and she likes it. I asked her about edex and she said the teachers who were there from edex seem to like it.

Also, they don't allow you to wear an abaya at work or in class. Kind of weird considering its Saudi but I don't think I could do that :/

I haven't decided as to when to leave for Saudi. Now or as the new school year begins, still contemplating, however I have to give them an answer soon.

There would be no need to keep the abayah on in a all women university.

Did you get an actual location yet? they said they couldn't guarantee anything.

They said I could put down three city choices. If I do go with them, I'd most likely go with PNU. I'm going to wait till the next academic year begins because the contracts technically go from year to year. I don't think there's necessarily a rush to give them an answer soon because based on the responses of many, they take a while to process you anyway and they also recruit year round :)

Also, when you're in the classrooms, it's female only. When you're in the offices and whatnot, there are males who work there.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of accepting an offer from EdEx. I am fixed on the idea of going to Jeddah as it's family friendly and will be travelling with my wife and daughter. I wanted to ask:

What's the likelihood of us getting our chosen destination?

Will my Wife and Daughter accompany me on my visa? Or will they have to travel later on?

Thanks

EDEX doesn't have any locations in Jeddah apparently. Though they will tell you they do when you ask them

I had a feeling that was the case. What about travelling with the family? Will that be easy? I really don't want to travel on my own, and certainly leaving them in England is not an option

Your employer not explained this to you? If on single status contract you have to be on iqama to qualify for family visit visas and I don't think you can even begin to apply for them till after three months in.

There have also been many reports that although EdEX claims they'll get you an iqama and bring your family, it usually doesn't happen. Especially if the spouse is not a teacher either.

mitoke wrote:

There have also been many reports that although EdEX claims they'll get you an iqama and bring your family, it usually doesn't happen. Especially if the spouse is not a teacher either.

If the EdEx employee is male, and is issued an Iqama, there is no problems for him to then sponsor his family (wife, children etc) on a family visa, and bring them to KSA

The problem is when a woman is employed, and is issued an Iqama (and there is no husband).. If she wishes to bring her children, then the most she can do is get her children here on a visit visa. Which means the child/ren will not be able to register at a school etc.

For anyone making claims that EdEx is not allowing the men to bring their wives over who are not teachers, then this is FALSE!!

I know many couples who are here with their children through EdEx and their wives are housewives.

education experts is a complete joke, i dont recommend anyone to believe what they say, they gave me a contract, and then charged me 200 pound for a tefl and it cost 100 pounds through the company which they registered me with , ie ripping me off and then promised for 5months about a medical and eventually i told them i want my visa charge of 500 pounds back, absolute joke, that (Moderated: Inappropriate posting) who heads operations doesnot reply to emails or respond, he spins a good story and lies when i met him he said i wld be in riyadh within a month, i think this company shld be exposed as it is getting money and raising peoples hopes only to deceive them. never contacting them again and i wldnt recommend anyone to do so!

(Moderated: Inappropriate posting) .....hmm

Very awkward to deal with.
They've had my passport for over 2 weeks and now are asking for a second medical.
They a
Told me if be going in feb and still nothing has happened.

they told me i was going in october 2013 and its april 2014, they are a shambles, i wldnt be saying this if not experiencing their utter lack of professionalism, i have pulled out from them, they need to know what they do is not fair roping people in with contracts and then lying to them, shldnt they have medicals lined up so people can get out there? they are quick to point out that a saudi prince is the head of the saudi ed exp so dont they have the links to arrange medical and visas quickly? other companies get people out relatively quickly.  (Moderated: Inappropriate posting)

Are u still hoping to go or have u given up?
Im Going to speak to them once more, then see where that takes me.

given up, if this is the problem we facing on this side never mind when in riyadh!!! good luck

EDEX are a shady operation where students neither study nor learn, academic supervisors are afraid to discipline students who are unruly which most all are, and EDEX will rob you if you are not careful, They stole many thousands of dollars through scamming teachers who were leaving. Keep your hand on your wallet, I'm telling you straight stuff here. However, they do pay in full what they cannot steal. Good luck.

Bob Rabbit wrote:

EDEX are a shady operation where students neither study nor learn, academic supervisors are afraid to discipline students who are unruly which most all are, and EDEX will rob you if you are not careful, They stole many thousands of dollars through scamming teachers who were leaving. Keep your hand on your wallet, I'm telling you straight stuff here. However, they do pay in full what they cannot steal. Good luck.

The jabs at Edex are getting boring now.

I have family and friends who have been working for Edex, started at the beginning of the academic year.

They all reported to have had zero to minimal problems with the company; happy with their salary coming in on time, managing to get their families here on dependant visas etc.

Especially this year.. A lot of the teachers I have spoken with have said, Edex have really shown excellent management.

The type of students is not down to Edex.. Edex is a company that has contracts with other universities. So if you want to vent about the students , discuss the university not Edex!

It appears the ones who are happy with Edex don't comment, and are busy enjoying their lives. But the ones who are having negative experiences or perhaps just  can't get to grips with life in Saudi and are miserable are posting away in the forums.

No so to your stereotyped answer. So, are you saying lying to teachers and ripping them off is OK because you know people who are indifferent as long as they are being treated alright. That's people all over the world. Even in the worst countries some people are doing well, and what do they care as long as they get theirs? We were there for years. Coming to grips? I have dealt with conditions that would turn your hair white overnight, and did not flinch. EDEX stole and defrauded teachers of many thousands of dollars. Are you saying this should not be mentioned because some people are happy with their situations? Many people n Africa too are indifferent to the mass killings going on elsewhere on their continent and in their countries. We still hear about the bad on the news. If your satisfied friends are so happy, they should come here and tell us about their experiences. I would say I know more about this matter than you. EDEX did in fact rip off some teachers, one of over $12.000. Tell that to your satisfied friends working at a school where students do not study in class, where third-world supervisors are afraid to supervise the rich kids, where in fact KSU is a financial institution long before it is an institution of higher learning where English is the matter.

Hi ESL teaching friends, I recently ( March) went for a interview with Education Experts in London. The process was very hurried and really not very well organised (there were 7 or 8 of us).Most were new to ESL but three of us had ESL experience.
Anyway they offered contracts there and then, and requetsed that we pay £500 towards securing our place and for medical and visa, which will be refunded upon arrival in KSA.

I said I would like to go to Dammam, had no clue of where else , this was first name that came to my mind.

I have sent couple emails to them about information but had no replies as yet, yet I see their advertidments looking more teachers.

So all you expreienced teachers In KSA, or past, what advise would give, regarding the company,reliablility, after service, trustworthness, the city/s .

I paid the money too.

I have an open mind about going to teach and sometimes expect the unexpected.

Your comments are welcome

EDEX pays on time and in full. No problem there. Students at KSU in the lower level English classes use their class times for conversation in Arabic. They seldom do assigned homework and projects. Follow the curriculum and they become sullen, uncommunicative, and unfriendly. Do what students want and the school will have somebody  bother you. I had never seen anything like it, and still have not.

EDEX had some teachers buy expensive visas through a service in London, UK. Then they sent messages that they could not return and teach on the visas they had told them to buy. They said to write to Taher Saleh for reimbursement. This they did, but there was not any answer. After many letters to the company, there were few if any answers at all. One Canadian teacher was done out of about $12,000.00.

I realize these matters are of no concern to you all as long as you are getting yours. Be advised that your own selfishness and indifference do not make those practices of bait and switch to cheat teachers out of money justified or even legal, and when you work there you are condoning those practices indirectly if you have been apprised of this. However, you can feel good about yourselves by remaining blissfully ignorant, just as I and others will turn a blind eye to any misfortunes coming your ways, and for the same reasons.

Bob Rabbit > please make sure your posts aren't getting defamatory or we'll have to moderate them.

By the way, should anyone notice defamatory posts, please do not hesitate to report them

thanks

EDEX was a very good and excellent company. Perhaps focusing on the ending which was a ripoff does not present the entire picture, which it does not, but these things did happen, and the fact that others are doing well there does not change that. EDEX can be a very good experience. KSU had students who did almost nothing at all in class except talk in Arabic, and they absolutely refused to participate in lessons and assignments. David Murphy had not a clue about what was going on in the classrooms, or at least that was the impression we got. I talked with him. I could not believe his ideas and answers. Incredible! And I do mean incredible. EDEX helped me greatly and for that I am eternally grateful. However, the meetings and courses were unbelievably dumb. They had teachers teaching at meetings and workshops who were impossible to understand because they whispered. I mean they whispered so I could not understand them from two feet away. To this day I still have no idea whatsoever about what they said or the subjects of their presentations. Most all teachers who were there when I first arrived were gone after a few weeks and months. They all said the same things, that it was a joke, ridiculous, that they had never seen anything like it in the world, that it was a scam, etc. If a teacher kept the student attendance according to curriculum, students protested. If he did not, the school would find a way to say he was remiss. Davis Murphy did not have a clue and did not want one.

Hi,
Im going to have ab interview with edex this thursday and I wanted to know what is the interview like??

Two main requirements. 1. a pulse  2.  a degree   Number 1 can be waived.

I've just been offered a job with Edex and I've signed my contract and paid the visa application but I haven't heard from them since. I'm worried as I've paid 500 pounds and they haven't even sent me a email to confirm.

I've called and emailed but no reply. What do I do?

Don,t worry and feeling relex because u lost your money

What?? Can someone give me advise. Has anyone had this experience with Education experts. I've paid my visa, signed the contract and I haven't heard from them since. My friends who've signed with them have got through and are just waiting for their medical. :(

I had my interview in January 2014 and paid my £500 and didn't hear anything from them for 2 months. I kept sending emails to them and calling with no reply. Then finally I got a call for a medical date which was in April. I thought I would be out of the country by end of April or May but oh no!!! the crap just kept flowing
They then said I had to have another medical with a chest Xray which was at the end of May. I had that done and everything was fine and all the medicals had been passed.
I called them to ask when I was being sent out they then said that I was gonna be in the next batch which would be going out in the end of June. I submitted my passport to the visa office in May.
I called up and have been virtually everyday for the last two weeks with the same crap excuses that there is a problem in Saudi and that there looking to send people out know after ramadhan which will be the end of July or August.
I've been dealing with two guys mainly Lloyd and Richard(waste man) who keep fobbing me off and don't update about anything. It seems im doing all the chasing around and asking whats happening. I spoke to J..... whos supposed to be the director and he's adamant that I will be sent out at end of June, but when I call he doesn't answer his phone or get back and doesn't respond to emails. The people who work in the office don't know whats going on and its all unprofessional.
I cant believe its taken/taking more than 6 months and could be more. I got family and friends out there who went from UK as teachers and other jobs who said it shouldn't take longer than 3 or 4 months.
This company is still recruiting as I called today and they said everyone is conducting interviews.
I don't know how this company is able to be successful. Patience is a virtue, but im about to pop and lose it. :o
Hope anyone else has good news

Hi I have got a contract for Educational experts, and within a day they have asked me to pay the refundable £500 visa fee and sent me this this  Bank Address: 120 Cheapside, London EC2V 7JB .

Is this correct ???
can some one please advice!!!

Since I applied in jan. they have changed their address twice their new address is 101 finsbury pavement it's on their website. Did they tell u who u have to make a cheque out to? Who did u deal with?

If u wanna wait a long time ur gonna be in it for a long time these guys take ages. I've been waiting for 6 months now their quick to take ur money but never answer their calls once they've got the money.
My advice don't apply though this company.