Which salary is better 2900 BHD or 38500 AED ?

hi guys,
I need help. Been thinking a lot for past 2 weeks and still in a dilemma. :unsure  I have two offers one in Bahrain with salary 2900 BHD and another in Dubai 38500 AED. The benefits and add ons are exactly the same in both,
(No accommodation). Which would u pick in 2014 considering all aspects ?
Farhaz i know you have an opinion on this :) . :) .
Thanks.

Very tricky. As much as I love Dubai, I think I prefer to live in Bahrain and travel to Dubai every now and then. The flights are not that expensive and the life in Dubai is way more expensive than it is in Bahrain unless you stay at home and do nothing.

If I was to vote for one of the two options you gave, I would say stay in Bahrain.

Hi,

I second brightonguy's thoughts! thought the 38500 may look a bit more attractive, the cost of living in dubai is expensive when compared to Bahrain. Again it's your personal decision which will count and this is just our point of view.

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

That makes the three of us. I too personally prefer Bahrain over Dubai.

Since you are not yet emotionally attached to Bahrain like us, you could adopt a more rational approach. If you look at it purely from a financial point of view, the AED38,500 is about a thousand BHD more than the Bahrain offer of BHD2,900.

The cost of living in Dubai is indeed much higher than in Bahrain, but will it cost you all the extra money you make? This is something you need to consider. Also the entertainment options, flight connections, and social life is better in Dubai than here in Bahrain. On the downside is the cost of living, more traffic and longer driving and travel times.

Besides, the fact is that Bahrain's economy is much smaller than Dubai and it is also still not recovered from the financial crisis and the 2011 incidents. So think about all of these before you decide.

Best wishes.

Edits: removed a stray full-stop mark.

I heard accommodation went up 45% this year in Dubai, it would not be easy specially if you have kids.

All the best.

Mo