How do i become a resident/permanent resident of algeria

hello, all!

i'm new to the group so i'd appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

i'm from the states and my boyfriend/fiance lives in algeria. i've visited him in algeria using the 90-day tourist visa but i was wondering how i would stay in algeria for a longer period of time. we would like to marry in algeria and i would like to stay for maybe two to four years. what is the process? i would have to apply for another tourist visa in order to get to algeria to marry him but what are my options after the marriage? is there an adjustment of status or resident application that we can send? do i have to leave the country during the application process or can i stay (i hope i wouldn't have to leave if we just got married but i don't know!)?

i haven't had any luck in finding information online about how to become a resident or permanent resident of algeria.

can anyone on here please provide me with this information? i'd really love to live in algeria for a few years and not just for 90 days, especially after getting married. also, if you know of any websites to direct me to, that would really help.

i've looked at algeria websites and i hear people in general and expats say they've been there for a year, two years, etc., but no one ever talks about the process or how they got to stay in algeria for that long. a lot of times the posts are by women in the u.k or the usa that married an algerian man, which i can relate to. i just need to know what to do to stay there.

i hope that someone can help.

thanks,
lovetolive

Hi lovetolive and welcome to Expat.com!;)

I wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

hi
i have the same problem like yours, anything new about it
thank you very much and good luck

I am married to algerian . I am in the usa and we are having problems being together . does anyone know how I can get there to him ? he has gone to municiple and filled out papers  and at embassy . If we had known that when I was there that we could have started papers it would be easy but we didnt know . thank you if you have any knowledge

but why he dont make another invitation to u to came join him here in algeria, and extend ur visa only in the police office where u suppose to live but this i guess it should be after u make this (carte consulaire) from american embassy i guess. or am mistaking its not working like this???

hi there :).
the best thing to do to have trusful information is to contact the embassy of algeria in usa!!
you can type the "embassy of algeria in usa" then in the website you can either contact them through their phone number or wrtite email to them !!!!
but you better call them :)
im sure that there is their phone number on the website :)

You can get your 90 day visa extended, do not wait too long, you dont want to expire, things take time in algeria, also only after marriage you can apply for residency, its a lot of paper work and requires medicals, and will need to be renewed every two years, I did not end up doing this since we are now going to live in Canada, but this was what we knew about all this, (note; we live in alger) also as someone else mentioned, look into the algerian embassy in america, or the american embassy in algeria both will give you lots of help.
We got our info from le bureau des etrangers at the police station when we applied for the paper work to get married, oh yes that can take 45 days, something i was not prepared for so be ready for that. Anything else you want to know just ask, and i can get my husband to help

hola por favor, si alguien ya esta casado con algun ciudadano argelino o argelina, necesito me asesoren
ya que pienso casarme pronto con el, pero no se cuales son los tramites, yo soy de nacionalidad hondurena C.A y no se si conviene casarnos en algeria o en honduras, pensamos residir en honduras...pero quiero saber si en algeria es dificil este tramite

Hi sol1228,

Can you please write in English in this English speaking forum so that members can understand?

Thank you.

i love your story i'm Algerian too so i wish to you and your fiance the best hopefully you will be together soon in this beautiful country

Have you checked out the Algerian Embassy website?  You may have to call...

(Kalorama Road, Washington, D.C.)

perdon, no sabia que era una regla escribir en ingles, bueno en el formulario que llene no decia eso, escribo en espanol porque esta es mi lengua.
y si no es aceptado me lo hubiesen dicho desde el inicio, y asi no hubiese creado este perfil, porque desde ya me siento algo descriminada christine

Hi sol1228, you should post in English in this Anglophone forum!;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.

I am having the same problem.  I am a American wanting to marry an Algerian.  I have called the Embassy of Algeria in New York many times.  There seems to be one supervisor there with the answers but she is never available to take phone calls.  I have tried email but I get no response.  Out of desperation I have scheduled an appointment to meet with her in person and I am physically going to go to New York to meet with her.  I will let you know what I find out after the meeting.  I agree there is no help on the internet and even our Algerian fiance's are having trouble getting accurate information there in Algeria too.  I will let you know what I find out.  If anyone has specific questions I am happy to take a list of questions with me to this appointment if it is helpful.  Best wishes.

I am from an algerian origin, married with an australian. It is very easy to get the permanenet residency in Algeria. Just contact the closest police station and they will show you the process.

Good luck

Amine

any information of this topic will be greatly appericiated...
I to want to move to Algeria,not sure how to begin....

I visited recently and fell in love with the country and people
have great friends and family there now, and I need to be there soon....

if anyone can give me real information please message me @
[email protected]...

the internet has alot of info, but not exactly the info I need to start the process of moving there.

Good luck to everyone, really hope we all find our solutions.
Take care, and thanks in advance.

Hi there im life in malaysia right now but me and my filipina wife we going to life in algeria can pleas show me how to aplly the residence for her? Or which point i have to contact first ?

hi getting a perment residence in Algeria is a very complicated.you have to live in algeria  7 yrs in order to th and to bring a lot of documenys and at least one of you relatives did not participate in ww 2 and you must have a partner in order to send you an invitatation this is my face book occount hamdi mourad my e mail is [email protected] my pho,e +213778607236 if you need some explanation plz contact me

Hi There,
I am more than happy to assist you if you could answer couple of questions,
Where are you from?
What is the purpose of you coming to algeria?
by thy way i am algerian and my wife is from the us we just moved from London [moderated: pls no free ads + register your company in the business directory]
best regards

hi , I want make resident to my wife she's italian we live in uk , you can tell me what i do pls

When I first came to live in Algiers from UK,I would regularly go to local police station to obtain a 1 yr residency... Depending on who your family knows in the police can speed the process up... After being here 7 yrs you can obtain a 10yr residency and can even apply for an Algerian passport....it isn't hard for a westerner to obtain a residency when married to an Algerian...also when first thinking of coming over,we went to the Algerian consulate and my husbands family gave us an invitation to come here,getting married here is a great idea btw!!!!

It's easy.....marry him and live in Algeria, and u will get the residence automatically for 2 years multiple entry.

That's right, very easy indeed. Contact a police station next where you live and they will tell you where to go to apply for the residency.

Good luck

Amine

Hi dear,
My husband an I are egyptians , he works in an egyptian company branch in algeria and am moving to him in 3 months . What are the requirement to get a visa to stay for 2 or 3 years with him.?

Hello, Please share with me any information about getting Algerian residency. I am Canadian like to move and live in Algeria. All the best 

@osamamuslim

Hello and welcome !

Please note that you are posting on an old thread. Have you contacted the Algerian Embassy in Canada yet : http://www.ambalgott.com/ ?

For what purpose are you looking forward to moving to Algeria (work, retirement, family ?)

Regards

Bhavna