Considering moving to dehli later this year !

Hi,
I'm a mum of 2 young children (2 &4) considering moving to dehli later this year as my husband has been offered a job there. We are looking for any advice people with young families can give about having young kids in dehli. Our main concerns are health & safety and having the space for them to play. Also our eldest will be beginning school in august so we are looking for any suggestions for good international schools. It is most likely that we will be living in gurgaon as that is when my husband will be working and would prefer a school close to where we are living. We have looked into the Pathways school and would love to know if anyone has any experience there or any other schools in the area. All tips and advice is gratefully received :)

hi..:-) i like to meet good people and make good friends ..:-) life is too short to meet really good people and make good friends ..:-) life is precious and we must care for each other as a society and community..:-) if you need any help anytime lemme know..:-) i stay in new delhi Greater kailash-1..:-) yes pathway is a good school and there are many good international schools in gurgaon and delhi..:-) i will find a few for you..:-) my hotmail is [email protected] me anytime if you need any help anytime..:-) take care..:-) n god bless..:-)

Keep you children indoors all of the time. There are many child rapists in India. Just read any edition of the Times of India or the Telegraph for verification of this.

Micky Fernandez wrote:

Keep you children indoors all of the time.

Then How will they go to School?

Micky Fernandez wrote:

There are many child rapists in India. .

So are in other countries too. Everybody needs to follow basic safety guidelines to keep themselves and their children out of trouble.

Micky Fernandez wrote:

Just read any edition of the Times of India or the Telegraph for verification of this.

Haven't read or heard about an expat child abuse to my knowledge so far.

1) Home-schooling. In this way they can be engaged, learn and actually comprehend things. The Indian way of teaching is geared toward teaching robots--by rote learning.
2) Other countries are not India. Other countries do not have Delhi, the Rape Capital of the Rape Capital of the World.
People in other countries can follow basic safety guidelines. People in Delhi need to follow EXTREME safety guidelines.
People in Delhi do not get that. Each pathological liar--politician--and other government agents routinely get 3 security personnel but there are few for the human beings in Delhi.
[Moderated: no generalised statements here please]

Micky Fernandez wrote:

1) Home-schooling. In this way they can be engaged, learn and actually comprehend things. The Indian way of teaching is geared toward teaching robots--by rote learning.
2) Other countries are not India. Other countries do not have Delhi, the Rape Capital of the Rape Capital of the World.
People in other countries can follow basic safety guidelines. People in Delhi need to follow EXTREME safety guidelines.
People in Delhi do not get that. Each pathological liar--politician--and other government agents routinely get 3 security personnel but there are few for the human beings in Delhi.
3) [Moderated: no generalised statement here please]

1. Does that mean one should give home schooling to every child in India to keep them safe?  I believe a proper school environment is essential for a child's overall mental and physical growth.

2. Looks like somebody's got sexually assaulted really badly here. Agreed that Delhi might not be a safe city for women, so are other cities in the world too. Anybody travelling to a place needs to get educated about the place and the basic know-how and safety guidelines. Rest is totally off topic as OP is talking about her kids and is concerned about their safety.

Reminds me of somebody in another India Travel Forum where there was a long discussion about sexual harassment in India. There's an advantage for you here that there aren't as much active members in India forum like in that one. Maybe you could google and read if something pops up for you.

Hello Dana1910,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs............
Hope you have already arrived in India and every thing is fine...............

Regards,
Anil

Micky Fernandez.. stop it.. labelling a country isnt a right thing to do.. so stop it.. im sick of reading your posts on how india and indians are.. i've been living in Delhi for quite some time now..nothing wrong here.. so stop that.
u seem to be a really grumpy old man who keeps sitting on his rocking chair and hates almost everything.
i got nothing personal against you. [Moderated: inappropriate]

Hi everybody,

Can we please go back to the initial subject of this topic which is Considering moving to dehli later this year !
I think that it will be best if we can concentrate on the questions of Dana and to give her valuable information ( like name of good international schools as well as life in Delhi ) without, of course, making generalised statements. As we all know, all countries have their positive and negative sides.

So lets build up a constructive topic so that the other members can take it as a reference as well in the future.  :top::idontagree:

Thank you,

Priscilla

jeremy williams wrote:

Micky Fernandez.. stop it.. labelling a country isnt a right thing to do.. so stop it.. im sick of reading your posts on how india and indians are.. i've been living in Delhi for quite some time now..nothing wrong here.. so stop that.
u seem to be a really grumpy old man who keeps sitting on his rocking chair and hates almost everything.
i got nothing personal against you. [Moderated: inappropriate]

:top:  Williams

I hope that whatever you find it is enjoyable for the children. There are many parks to play in and many schools to attend. It is just a matter of asking someone in the area that you are moving to what their suggestion is. I wish you the best of luck!

Hello,
I am coming to Delhi to make internship for Fashion label and I considering about save apartment, room, do you have any suggestions?