Job Offer in Maldives

Hello all,

Just had an offer in Maldives for 6800 USD before tax.

I will need to rent my own place.

I am single .

Is it sufficient?

Hi 69ways,

It will all depend about the kind and the price of the house you are looking for, and your everyday trend of living, may be giving us an approximate budget you usually plan/month might help us to give you better advice.

Meanwhile please read the following threads where you might have an idea about the cost of living in the Maldives:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5145

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=315260

Have you been offered job in the Hotel industry or a different domain?

Regards,

David.

I am looking for a one bedroom apartment near the airport but in an area not isolated from shops.

Its a job in aviation and they said  that with a 1000 USD I can find a good place to live.

I spent most of my money on food , no drinking or smoking .

I think it a good offer in terms of salary, if you dont drink and smoke. I dont think so you will be spending alot since there are no major activities here to spend on. As far as place for living is concerned yes you can fid a decent plance in 1000 USD if its a single room it can be even less thn 1000 usd. I think best place for you to live will be Hulhumale, which is connected to the Airport via road and most of the airport staff live here.

I think you major expense will be your travelling either local or going back home depending on how often you go. You can also share room with some expat who had a two bedroom appartment etc.

hope that helps.

one more thing, there is no Tax on salary in Maldives so far.

Wow! That salary is more than enough. Whats the job? I've seen 2/3 bedroom apartments in Hulhumale for about $1500 a month. Food isn't "that" expensive so you are gonna make a lot of savings!!!!

Wow.. good pay out.. congrats. Hulhamale will be a great place to stay. Very near to airport. I myself admiring that place alot.

Hello everyone please can someone help me get a job in island please

Hello everyone,  I'm a Nigerian looking for someone who can help me as a brother or sister I want to relocate to Maldives ...

Clift 4u wrote:

Hello everyone please can someone help me get a job in island please

Take a look at your post, then ask yourself if you'd help someone who presented themselves so poorly.
You need to get some details in there - Who are you, what do you do, your experience, and why you want to move would be a good start.
Then perhaps you'd like to place a free advert in JOBS

Hello 69 Ways, I am very happy for you. How are you doing, I hope very great. My name is Andrew Ukauwa and I am a humanitarian aid worker, based in Nigeria. I presently work with CARE International as Operations Manager and I have experience in international trips.

I have more than 20 years work experience in Logistics and Administration. Kindly assist me in whatever way you can to also get a job in Maldives. I will really show appreciation in so many ways.

You can call me on +23XXX

Moderated by Julien 3 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct