Moving to bali

Hi :) my family and I are moving to bali at the beginning of next year. We have two children who will be 4 and 1 then. My partner does fifo in Australia and will continue to do so. Are there any other families who could give us some tips on the move or expat experiences. Thank you :)

The value of any advice you can expect will all depend on where in Bali you are planning on living.  For an example, much of what applies to Seminyak doesn't apply to Ubud and so on and so on.

Ok thanks, we are looking at sanur, I have a friend who is a wedding planner, she is planning our bali wedding for this year and she recommended sanur.

If you have to be in the south of Bali, Sanur is an excellent choice for a number of reasons, especially for families.

Sanur's beach is considerably safer than many other beaches on Bali due to a long off shore reef which breaks up our otherwise notorious rip currents.

In addition to the Bali International School, which is one of the two best international schools on Bali (the other being The Green School), there are numerous other good private schools in the Sanur area.  You'll have a number of good schools to choose from. 

Sanur's location for travel to other parts of Bali is excellent.  For example, unless the traffic is particularly bad, you can be in Ubud in about 35 minutes. 

Sanur is one of the only areas in southern Bali which has retained traditional Bali feel even though it is considerably well developed.  Sanur was the first developed tourist destination on Bali, so a lot of that early development was done keeping traditional Bali in mind. 

There is an excellent expat community in Sanur with many long time expats living there. 

Enjoy, and good luck with your move.

Thanks! That sounds great, we will be looking at the Bali international school on our visit there in September. Thanks for the info :)

Hi Lana, I lived in Sanur for a couple of years and rented a villa not far from the sea just off Jalan Danau Tamblingan, and my kids all went to Bali International School.which we found to be excellent and creative. Sanur is a relatively peaceful place and the beach doesn't get crowded as it does in Kuta so all in all we really enjoyed living there compared to places such as Kerobokan and Seminyak which is very congested. Therefore I agree with your choice of location.

Hi all,

Some off topic posts have been removed for info.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

[Moderated: Off topic]