My wife has had a Visa denied to come and stay with me in the UK

My wife who lives in Sierra Leone was today denied a visa to visit me here in Southport where I live in my own home. We lived together for a while in The Gambia before I was taken ill and had to return to the UK. She took the chance to return and see her family in Sierra Leone and arrange for us to be married with all her family present before applying for a visa to come to the UK for a few weeks and then return (we had purchased the return flight ticket) where she knew she would have to take some form of test before applying for permission to live here with me (Her legal husband) Can we fight this decision and win? A husband should not have to live apart because of red tape. I can afford to maintain her stay in the UK.
Best regards Mr D Dillon

Am not sure why this is on the Bahrain forum?

Hi, I will ask admin to move your post from the Bahrain forum to the UK one for better visibility for you. Good luck

I do know that some nationals aren't allowed in to UK. My UK friend married a Turkish Guy and she had to move to Turkey as he wasn't allowed in. I would fight like crazy and so should you

Hi Josnuggles thanks for the comments and believe me I will fight with every pound I own and every breath in me to have my wife where she belongs, with me,

Sorry to hear that. If you are legally married, all you would need to do is to follow the paperwork required by the Home Office. If you have been living together for a long time and have the evidence to prove it, then it's pretty straightforward. Just make sure you meet the requirements set by the Home Office when it comes to presenting the proof of your relationship.

[moderated: no free ads please]

Sad to say, the refusal was correct according to the regulations, so you will not get anywhere trying to fight it.

You make it very clear that you and your wife belong together, and your long-term plan is to live together in the UK. However, she applied for a visitor's visa. The basic condition for this kind of visa is that the applicant can demonstrate strong ties to their home country, making it obvious that they would choose to return after their visit.

Learn from this experience and read all the information about a visa before you/she apply for it. Make sure that you provide all the papers they list and satisfy the conditions exactly: the officials who process visa applications are not allowed to think or exercise discretion, but are forced to follow the rules exactly.

If that doesn't work out, remember that you BOTH have an absolute right to settle in any EU country other than the UK, thanks to European law. Other EU contries are not allowed to refuse a visa request from her (so long as yoyu will be going there as well) and are not allowed to charge her a visa fee.

alphashindara wrote:

[moderated: no free ads plese]

Best to ignore this kind of touting for business. Lawyers are not much use in situations such as this.

What was the reason they gave you for the visa refusal?
They shouldn't deny a visa If you have all the evidence they need to prove:
1. It's a genuine relationship.
2. You earn more or at least £18.600 a year.( if you dont have kids)
3. You have a place where to live.
4. She speaks english.

So you need to give them all the original documents and copies ( and translations certified if they are not in English) that means your bank statements of the last year, wedding certificate, and so on... You can find very detailed info in the UKBA site.
I know this as I am a Colombian married to an English and we where in this process last year !
You can appeal if you think you have gave them all what they needed but that process could be longer than 6months so although to apply again you need to pay the very expensive visa fees again it is faster!
So hope this has helped you

Jicane wrote:

What was the reason they gave you for the visa refusal?
They shouldn't deny a visa If you have all the evidence they need to prove:
1. It's a genuine relationship.
2. You earn more or at least £18.600 a year.( if you dont have kids)
3. You have a place where to live.
4. She speaks english.

So you need to give them all the original documents and copies ( and translations certified if they are not in English) that means your bank statements of the last year, wedding certificate, and so on... You can find very detailed info in the UKBA site.
I know this as I am a Colombian married to an English and we where in this process last year !
You can appeal if you think you have gave them all what they needed but that process could be longer than 6months so although to apply again you need to pay the very expensive visa fees again it is faster!
So hope this has helped you

He applied for the wrong kind of visa: they refused a visit visa because she was obviously going to settle in the UK.

Yes you should appeal.and fight this decision. We were refused.when we applied for.my Egyptian husband to come to the uk but we won our appeal and my husband has been here 7 years now. Good luck and if you need any help message me and I will be glad to help you if I can.

You should make sure you understand the law and that you meet its requirements. As I explained above, the decision to refuse a visitor's visa was correct according to the rules, and you would gain nothing by fighting it. However, you would probably be able to get a visa for settlement (to live permanently in the UK) without any great difficulty.

Hello , i am married to a British National , my hubby and i decided first to try to stay in my country for almost five years . We are back now in the UK , but he submitted all the necessary requirements to satisfy the required documents like the monthly income that can suffice that we will not be a burden to the govertment in the UK . Please ask an advice from a solicitor .There is a required amount of annual income before you can bring your wife to the UK . All the necessary proofs documentation that you are legally married plus the money you are earning every year .She must also take an English exam even she can speak or write fluently in English . We should follow what is required in the Home Office before you can bring your wife to be with you .. Hope this would help your queries .. Good luck ..

Dave27 , the one posted by  voyager_27 was the one you should check . That was my hubby did for me when he applied the exact visa for me . I guess you applied  the wrong visa .. You just follow everything that he posted .. that are the required documents needed plus the right visa to apply to .. Kind regards and apology i am new to this forum too .. Am  really sad to hear about your being separated from your wife . If you think you have all the required documentation ,then there must be no reason she would be denied ..