Hire a car +driver from Hanoi to Mekong

Hi,
we would like to hire a car with a driver from Hanoi all the way to Mekong for 14 days. We dont want to take public transport! Do you know someone who has a car and time and can go with us? We dont need luxury just friendly driver and good price :) Someone help and give us email address we can write to. Or write me : [email protected]
Thanks Jana and Vasek from Czech Republic

What language do you expect your driver to speak? That might have a bearing on the price. And, of course, you expect to pick up the tab for his meals and lodging?

janinaspil wrote:

Hi,
we would like to hire a car with a driver from Hanoi all the way to Mekong for 14 days. We dont want to take public transport! Do you know someone who has a car and time and can go with us? We dont need luxury just friendly driver and good price :) Someone help and give us email address we can write to. Or write me : [email protected]
Thanks Jana and Vasek from Czech Republic

Very odd request.  My alarm bells are ringing.  I don't want to see you two robbed and left stranded in the middle of the mountains away from civilization.  If taxi drivers can rip off foreigners, so can anyone you hire. 

Have you guys been here before?  Can you speak Vietnamese?  Do you have friends here in Việt Nam?  How old are you two?

look up lonely planet there is some recomendation for this situation with email and phone # 2013 ed

The international  driver license is not allowed in Vietnam so you could not drive yourself. Hire a car in Vietnam the same meaning with hire a car with a driver. If you need a car rental services providers could see: vietnamairporttransfer.com]vietnamairporttransfer.com
The cost will be more expensive if you travel by private car. I think you should go by public transportation to the destination then hire a car or taxi. It's better and save your money.

Any travel agencies will gladly accommodate you. Just pick a reputable one and contact them directly. You're looking at a minimum $80/day, plus lodging and meals for the driver.

ok thanks I will try

Hello,
We would like to hire a car +driver
Our plan is:
We come to Hanoi 26.11. 9:00 am and we would like to take a car to Ha Long Bay and then down to South all the way to Delta Mekong where we will take a ship to Cambodia 8.12. 9:00. (12 days journey) I think from Hanoi to Saigon it is 1700km + extra 600km if we go around … (2300km total I guess)
Can you write the price for me please for this trip $ ??/day everything included (car with insurance and maintenance, driver with his meals and places to stay overnight, petrol/fuel, tolls and parking fees, .) No hidden fees or extras please.
We don't care for type of the car we have small bags and we are 2 ppl. The Driver can have basic English.
We can pay cash.
Thank you very much Jana and Vaclav

This is what we write to the drivers....now we are at $1250 for a trip....with fuel...not bad :) still looking for better so if you know , write :)

$1250 for a 12-day trip everything included with driver with basic English, that's a pretty decent deal in my opinion.

Yes we think so too , we booked it :)
If someone need the contact, write me on my email and i give you contact on this agency.
Thanks people, going to VN.... bye bye :)

Which company did you book? :D

Nice holiday! and tell us your trip.

from hannoi to mekong should take u 3m

I have to say trip was great driver was nice and car with tip cost $1350 USD for 5000km with everything included even gas and parking fee. The driver said that he would never do it that cheap again, because it was too little money for him probably. But I have to say for us it was one of the best trips ever....what everything we have seen in just 12 days!!! amazing. If you want some contact or if you have questions write to my email address, because I dont come here too often [email protected] . Thanks Jana :)

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory )

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]