Working in Algeria

Hi,

Im an english girl living in the uk but hoping to move to algeria to be with my boyfriend. The only problem is i will need to be working over there. I think its hard to find work when english is all i can speak... Im not a teacher so i think teaching is out of the question although im thinking of becoming a private english tutor..
If anyone can help me with some advice on job searching it be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi Kerrie,
The best thing to do is to do a TEFL course or if you have £1000, you can do the CELTA (the Internationally recognised teaching English qualification).

With either one of these you shouldn't have any problems getting a job in Algeria as a teacher in a private school. I would be very cautious about considering teaching in people's homes or inviting them to yours due as a foreigner and your security.

If you would like to stay in touch for any reason, especially any advice about living in Algeria, this is my e-mail: [email protected]

Take care

teaching is goood and it will help you to learn about the culture.

hi kerry,how about trying to get a job at the british school centre?i think its just been innaugurated early on this year!!!
all the best,you probably find it easy not to work at all,just live like a princess :):):)

Dear Kerry,
The British Centre is a private English school which had been running for years but I don't know if it still is. Although it is called the British Centre, it isn't officially attched to the Embassy or the British Council.

The British Council have recently re-opened in Algiers although they are providing a supportive network to teachers of English and are not working as a school. To work there you will need the CELTA or equivalent, the TEFL is not sufficient.
Mahdiyyah

Hi all,

My name is Greg Way, currently serving in the military but coming to the end of my 22 year contract. As part of my resettlement into civvy street I am part way through a security risk management university course. Part of my course work is a country risk analysis and I have chosen Algeria and Algiers in particular. I was wondering whether any forum members would be willing to answer a few questions or pass on their experiences in regard to my course work if you live and work in the city. My report is centered around a client who is visiting Algiers to conduct business meetings with commercial and government agencies with the prospect of moving staff into the area at a later date. I have researched the current terrorist threat from AQIM, the organised crime and petty crime in the area but would like to hear your experiences of living in the city in regards to these threats. Also looking into the culture, traditions & taboos that effect security of the individual & organisations in the city!
I would be very grateful in hearing back from any forum members as this sort of intel in invaluable in producing the deliverable that is required. Many thanks for your time.
Kindest regards,
Greg Way

if realy meant what u said i d help u

that was an automatic message or a spam

they target new users on Expat.com and try to play around for their own benefits

be very careful ya bent bladi

Closed