Salary for automation engineer!

Hello everyone,

I'm an 25y old automation engineer and me and my future wife are planning to move to Bergen. I'm currently contacting one headhunting agency from Norway, they are interested in me, and today they asked me what am I thinking of yearly gross salary. I honestly don't know what to tell them, I checked some info on the internet but I haven't found anything specific. I don't want to sound too cocky and I also don't want to sound underrated! :)

So, I'm a master of electrical engineering and information technology with 1,5y of experience in automation field (1y in naval automation & half a year in industrial automation), and my new job in Bergen will be also automation engineer, but in offshore industry.

If anyone knows or have a hint how much could I expect (or how much should I write) please tell!

You don't have to be from Bergen also! :)

Thanks!

Hello,

There used to be a good website which gave details about this, but they closed it down. Perhaps you can look for similar jobs on www.finn.no/jobb and see if they publish a salary. At least if might give you an idea of what the salary level is in the industry.

David

Thanks David!

I did a little search but almost no one puts the amount, everything is "in agreement" :)

That's annoying. If you know the names of some people who have been doing the job, you could try to look them up in the tax list and see what their income was. In Norway everyone's income and the tax they have paid gets published so that everyone can see. I think since 2012 it's only people in Norway who are allowed to see it. You can still search the older lists though.

I'm not sure how skilled your job is so it's hard for me to say how much you should get for it. I would imagine it would be somewhere around the 600,000 NOK mark, but I really don't know enough about it to make a sensible estimate. It puts you in a really difficult position.

I would say more around 500-600K NOK because of the limited experience. On the link here, you have the average loan for engineer who starts with a master grade: NOK 513K
http://www.nito.no/Lonn/Hva-tjener-en-i … -for-2013/

Thank you both for your answers!

I have an acquaintance who works in the Aukra shipyard so I gave him my "parameters" to advise me on the amount. He also told me 600K would be a pretty good start so I wrote that amount.

I'll inform you on their reaction :)

Hi, my name is Anita and live in Bergen from august 2013. Please, can you write me the name of  agency what you contacting? I am also looking for some serious full time job. Thank you and have a nice day :)

Hi!
The agency is 7Ocean, but as far as I know, they are looking only for engineers. But you also have tons of other agencies!

I am engineer too :)

A Woman Engineer!?!? WHAAAAT???!!!

Just kidding...  :joking:

If you looking for specifically Bergen hiring company I can't help you much about it. As I understand there are no "local" hiring companies, they all hire all across Norway