Searching Job in Bali

Halo, my name is iLham, I am 31 years and currently still living in surabaya. I am looking forward to move to bali to live and work. I really love Bali. Now, I am currently still working as personal assistant in investment company.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Best regards,

iLham

Hi iLham!

Maybe you should try posting an advert in the Bali jobs section.
It might help.

Regards
Armand

Hey.
My name is Meliha, I am 33 y old I am from Bosnia.
Since I have a brought experience in kitchen on various work positions and posses intimate knowledge in different cuisines as well in pizza making and I have an impression that I could make a valuable addition to Your respective team. I have over 9 years of experience as a chef (and pizza maker), later in the carrier I have worked on higher ranking positions in the kitchen, as a Sous chef or an Executive chef. My work experience gives me ability to function very well as a team member as well as somebody who can take a lead if such need arises.  I have worked in high volume kitchens as well as in slightly smaller restaurants. Have created cyclic menus and worked with a la carte system as well.

Beside versatile experience and high adaptability I am very positive and open person that functions well under stress and have highly developed problem solving skills. I learn fast and am always open for adapting new knowledge and sharpening already possessing skills.

I speak fluent English. I believe that, that should not pose a problem in everyday operation. I have a driving licence.

Hope that You find my CV interesting and that I will hear from You in order to meet so I can present myself better. :)

Kind regards,

Meliha Trako

Hi Meliha,

Realistically speaking, your chances of finding any sort of chef or cooking position in Bali is slim to none.  Even at the executive chef position with major resorts it is rare these days to find foreigners in those jobs aside from the major five star resort chains like Aman, Four Seasons, etc. But even with them, they would be more likely to rotate someone already working elsewhere in SE Asia or Indonesia into that position if available here in Bali.

There are plenty of highly qualified Indonesian nationals who are excellent executive chefs, and their numbers keep increasing.

Today in Bali, even at the level of GM there are increasingly more and more local Indonesians filling those top level positions.

The job environment today in Indonesia is pretty simple…jobs first for Indonesians, and in Bali, that is even more true as evidenced by the fact that a working permit for a foreigner here costs twice as much as anywhere else in Indonesia.

And please, don't even think about illegally working here as the penalties when finally caught are very severe…up to 5 years in jail and up to US $50,000.00 in fines. 

You might rather consider the path that one of the top chiefs in SE Asia, the American/French, Chris Salans of the famed restaurant, Mozaic here in Ubud took some years ago, and that is to start your own culinary business here in Bali.

Hi I'm interested in moving to Bali I'm in construction. I'm a qualified carpenter with managment experience can you suggest any help how I could find work in Bali.

You won't be able to find legal work in your field here in Bali because there are plenty enough qualified Indonesian builders and carpenters.

Your best bet, and truly your only option, would be to set up a business here.

Good luck.