Moving to Vung Tau/ Ho Chi Minh City in June

Dear all,

I will be moving to Vietnam for a couple of years.
My town will be Vung Tau, I will be having a motorcycle so be able to move around.

It would be nice to meet up with some other expats.
Also own experience and tips are welcome!

You can add me on Facebook

Thanks,

Harmen Thijs Jaarsma

There is a motorbike club, The Vung Tau Social Riders (find on facebook) that goes on rides every Wednesday leaving from Matilda's Pub.  Good bunch of guys.  All sizes of bikes.  There are plenty of foreigner bars and restaurants in Vung Tau and you can meet most of the foreigners there.  Let me know if you would like more info.  I have lived here for 4 months and have gone through most everything on getting settled here. [email protected]

Thanks Gary,

Will definitely meet up with that motorcycle club, just looked it up on Facebook. (you also member)
You might know some adresses for buying a motorcycle as well, I was planning to buy a minsk because I was told a 250cc is highest allowed in Nam. but I see on that facebookpage people driving stronger bikes.(website of a motorshop?)
I'm also looking for an adress that can help me with some basic Vietnamese.
And how about sports in Vung tau?

On June 9th I will arrive in Vung Tau.

Thanks again,

Harmen Thijs Jaarsma.

One of the guys in the club has a big Ducati so maybe he can help you. Dont knowabout website for learning vietnamese, plenty of classes here. Free classes at Matildas
There is a vety good cheap gym here. Oyher sports I dont know.plenty of guys to help when you get here.

Hi Dang,

Sounds good man, we can meet when I'm in Vietnam.
Don't know if you have facebook?

My emailadress: [email protected]
Will check my email few times a day, so fast response.

Thanks,

Harmen Jaarsma