New members of the Kiribati forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kiribati forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kiribati if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

My name is Tony Theomae and I'm a high school teacher. I am from the Solomon Islands but I have been teaching in Kiribati for almost 3 yrs now. Working here has been a challenge for me especially in communication. since most of the students here do not speak English. However, it has been fun as well working here. I used to teach in an outer island high school that is very remote, but then i moved into the capital (Tarawa).

I am teaching science (chemistry) and mathematics, however due to the fact that we have short of teachers here in Kiribati i also teach biology and physics.

However, i wanted to move over to Cook Island to teach there if there is any vacancy, that is why i joined this site.

Hi Tony Theomae,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for the introduction ;)

For your job search, it would be best if you could start a new discussion on the Cook Islands forum which is most appropriate in obtaining some replies from members living in the Cook Islands.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please post in the classifieds section

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751351

Thanks!

Closed