New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hei hei! Jeg heter Christy og jeg er ny her. :)

Hi christysigvathsen - as this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English ? :)

thanks for helping
me

Im James previously of London England and a Commercial Manager of a supermarket.
New to Norway live in the south where the weather is still kinda warm.
Love Norway and embracing the culture and people. Trying to find work in Norway at the moment

Hi
I am Muzi Ahmad. i am originally from Pakistan but i also lived in the UK for four years. had great experience working in London, for different companies also for London Olympics ..
i am planning to move to Norway for further my postgraduate studies...

if anyone boy or girl moving,moved or thinking of moving can be a friend
feel free to talk to me....
Cheerss

Hi Everyone !!! I am Raghavendra.I am from India.I am planing to apply for "Norwegian Studies for Skilled Worker" visa.could you please advice me about my decision.As I have no idea about Norway.I read some blogs on net and most of the people said that finding job in Norway is very heard.I have completed my education in Hotel management and MBA-finance.Please throw some light on -
1)Part time Jobs
2)visa extension,and
3)cost of living.

Thanks in advance !!!

Raghavendra.

desale.raghu wrote:

Please throw some light on -
1)Part time Jobs
2)visa extension,and
3)cost of living.

Thanks in advance !!!

Raghavendra.

you've come to the right place- this forum is full of threads on exactly these topics, so I recommend browsing through other threads.

Thanks for your help !!!  :)

Hello,

I'll be moving to Norway (near Kongsberg) in late June/early July. I'm hoping to get settled in, start learning more about Norwegian culture and language. I'm also looking forward to making new friends (especially other expats) and finding a job.

If anyone lives near Kongsberg, let's get in touch.  :)

PinkM wrote:

Hello,

I'll be moving to Norway (near Kongsberg) in late June/early July. I'm hoping to get settled in, start learning more about Norwegian culture and language. I'm also looking forward to making new friends (especially other expats) and finding a job.

If anyone lives near Kongsberg, let's get in touch.  :)

Are you American? I'm in a group of American women who live in Buskerud, and we meet sometimes. Members live mostly along the train line from Kongsberg to Drammen.

Yep, I am. I'd like to meet up with the group in the summer, if possible. Is there any particular way you keep in touch?

PinkM wrote:

Yep, I am. I'd like to meet up with the group in the summer, if possible. Is there any particular way you keep in touch?

For future reference, Norway in summer is generally a terrible time to meet anyone because we are all off enjoying our generous vacation time. Even the government offices are useless (a bad time to move if you have tax questions, I learned last year)

The group is on Facebook and that is generally how we organize meet ups but you can also pm me when you get here and I can forward on any invites.

Hah, yes I've heard everything tends to shut down and people tend to disappear in the summer, but I figure it doesn't hurt to try and get an early start with meeting people.

Thanks for letting me know about the group!

Hi all  :)
My name is Courtney, I live in a small country town in rural South Australia  :D
My boyfriend is first generation born in Australia, Norwegian dad, Austrian mum. He has a half brother and sister in Norway, as well as the rest of his family on his father's side (grandma, aunts/uncles, cousins etc).
We have been over there twice already in the last 2 1/2 years, and have absolutely fallen in love with it.
As such, we have decided we would like to see what it would be like to live there.
This is something we have in mind for sometime within the next few years, no specific time yet, nor destination, although we would prefer south.
Looking into 12 month working visas to start off with, and then at the end of that, should we decide 'Norway is it!' we will make the necessary arrangements.
Just looking for some advice, and general information anyone might have on relocating, both temporarily and the view to make it permanent.
I understand that there will be different things for different countries of origin, but the basic processes and ideas would be the same.
Thank you!  :top:

Hello!! I'm an American residing in Houston, Texas.  My boyfriend works in oil and gas and we are quite interested in becoming expats. It looks as though Norway (Stavanger) will be offering him a job quite soon and I'm interested in learning as much as I can (relocating tips, employment, expat life, local community) and making some new friends. Currently I am only fluent in English (learned a bit of German in high school and Spanish in college) and am a professional non-profit fundraiser and marketer. Very excited about the future!!!

-Lauren

Dear Sir/Ma'am

I am decided to move in Norway first to look job and to bring my family there in Norway as permanent residency I'm  hoping and praying to find this opportunity to my self I hope and we pray

Thank you

Hi to all of you!

My name is Carmen, being Austrian by origen.Yet I have lived in Mallorca, Spain for more than 30 years.
It is time for a change and it will be at the same time a great challenge to me!
My profession is therapeutic masseuse with over 20 years of experience. Here in Mallorca I work on my own and would like to do so or work as a "Free-lancer" in Norway, preferribly in the region of Stavanger, but also elsewhere in the country. I am studying Norwegian, so to be able to exchange a few words already at my arrival. At the moment my daugther is on the way to Stavanger to do a work-presentation in a hotel. We have been looking for hotels to stay and really, the prices are very high.
She would need 2 nights stay (17 - 19 march) - perhaps some of you could give me an address, where to stay for a reasonable price (also private location). 

As for myself, my hobbies are horse-riding, swimming, walking; reading, studying, classical music, meeting people from different countries, learning about their customs, their life.
Well, i hope thus you have an idea about my person.
i would love to receive an answer concerning my daughter's stay.
Thanks a lot and until next time.

Dear all,

Me and my family (boyfriend, 2,5 years old son and 4 months old daughter) currently live in France (Paris). Chances are we'll be moving to Oslo within a few months. Because I don't know anybody in Oslo yet and because I can use some inside information, I'm looking to come in contact with people who want to help me.

Questions that have come to my attention are:
- Is there a large foreign (or even Dutch) community in Oslo?
- What is a good area to live for a family with young children (or in what area do many expats live)?
- Does anybody have any experience with bilingual or English eduction for young children?
- What are the chances for me to find a part time job (by preference in communication) without speaking any Norwegian?

Cheers,
Aniek

:) hey there !

How is your search going ?

D

Hi All,

Just moved in to Asker two weeks ago. Spring is arriving so things are going nice for me. :)

For Aniek, perhaps you can look at Sandvika or Asker area, it is very suitable for family.
If you can find a place close to a train station then you would only need 25 minutes or so to get to Oslo. I think most of the expats live in Sandvika.

Off course there are schools taught in English but they are costly. And based on information I got it would be difficult to find a part time job without speaking Norwegian. Well, your luck maybe different and you can find a job why not.

Good luck to everyone in this forum!

hi am grace a widow here in Philippines now married a Norwegian man i have 3 children all girls and their age is 19,,14 and 9 years old i am also ex abroad i worked before as home care in Kuwait and also in UAE but i finished the degree of bachelor of science in electrical engineering here in Philippines now i am a spouse holder of my husband live in Norway i have problem with my 19 years old daughter if i can bring her together with my 2 children in Norway ....hoping that you can give me an advice regarding this matter .....thank a lot

Hi,

I'm from Poland. I have wife and two little children. We are consider to move to Norway, but I first have to find job in Norway. I hope it will succeed

Greatings for all

Hello guys I will. Be coming to Oslo I want new friends

Hello there!

My name is Sue. I am a Singaporean who relocated to Norway 17 years ago. I lived in Arendal all these years and now I am seperated and moved to Kristiansand. I will be exploring the town and hopefully not get lost. I am notorious at getting lost especially when driving even when I am using a GPS.

I hold a Norwegian passport and work as a purchaser in Norways largest jewellery importer so I am able to give my experience of a small town 'racist' town which by the way has treated me very well and I have not experienced any racism. Trying to make real close friends is another whole set of stories though I have 'friends' that I can call upon when I need some human interaction.

I came here as a 'blue eyed' 19 year old who did not speak the language and is now working in a national company. I am happy to share my personal experience for anyone who wants it though my experience will be solely from a bible belt 'small town' experience and not of the larger cities.

Hi Julien!

I am Carmen, trying to find information about starting a consult - massages and naturopathy.I had written to townhall of Trondheim and Norwegian Embassy, Madrid, to help me along with how to start a self-employment and all about taxes (IVA and income taxes) but had no reply. Also need I know whether my diplomas (Austria -stately proved therapeutic masseuse, Spain- Naturopath of University of El Escorial, Madrid) are enough to start with.
Hopefully I don't ask too much of you, but any little help is very welcome!
Thanks a lot beforehand!
Love,
Carmen

Hi friends,
I live in Oslo, Norway.Is anyone interested to practice Norsk ? You can contact me here....

My name is Willy and I am 32 years old. I am from Romania and I come in Norway from Spain where I have lived 9 years. I hope to can help people with information and resources from Oslo.

Hi everyone!

I am Dee, I'm Indonesian. I'll be visiting Norway (Hvasser) on 15th of May for 3 months. But I'm hoping to get settle in and find a summer job in Oslo.
I hope for luck, cuz I really wanna learn about Norway.  :)

hello guys and girls ;)

My name is Michael. I have a beautiful wife, Robin and two beautiful daughters Afton and Bayley. In addition, we have 5 cats and 3 horses. We have strong ancestry backgrounds in Norway. My family and I would love to work, contribute, and live in Norway. We have a trip planned for early June and will be looking at many areas in the country. Preferably where horses will be happy. Most importantly, the transporting of horses will be the dilemma. I am looking for any info on this so we can all be together. 

Sincerely,
Michael and family

mikeu6070 wrote:

My name is Michael. I have a beautiful wife, Robin and two beautiful daughters Afton and Bayley. In addition, we have 5 cats and 3 horses. We have strong ancestry backgrounds in Norway. My family and I would love to work, contribute, and live in Norway. We have a trip planned for early June and will be looking at many areas in the country. Preferably where horses will be happy. Most importantly, the transporting of horses will be the dilemma. I am looking for any info on this so we can all be together. 

Sincerely,
Michael and family

Hey Michael

I have seen horses pretty much in all areas of Norway in the south most being Norwegian Døle along the west coast you will find the Norwegian fjord. Im sure you will find a nice place for your horses. Even close to the city and in the city people own and house them.
My sister swears by http://www.irt.com/ when shipping Her horses

Thanks for the response. I work a lot of hours and my time is limited for responding. Your info will be very helpful.
Take care

Hi James,
You are defently in the right site to find a job in Norway! :-)

Hi Meretis'
Wish you luck with finding a job in here! :-)

Tusen takk. met du soon

hey:) oh sa du kan snakker lit norsk na? veldig bra!

thoughy i m not form Norway....... "Tusen takk."  ;)

Hi ..
im tunisien live in tunisia and merried norwegien woman and soon we will get beby together
they dont give me visa to go norwey and my wife she will born after 1 monthe
plzzz if someone know how can help
im really need help ..thx

sliman01amir wrote:

Hi ..
im tunisien live in tunisia and merried norwegien woman and soon we will get beby together
they dont give me visa to go norwey and my wife she will born after 1 monthe
plzzz if someone know how can help
im really need help ..thx

Where is your wife now? What is the reason your visa application was rejected?

Closed