Just starting to acclimatise

Hello everyone,

I've been a resident of Dominica since the beginning of this year. I have faced many challenges, but you know what one says about facing challenges in their journeys, right?

I came here on a dream and on love. I left the UK, with a well established career as a counsellor. I left on a pocket full of dreams and a better life:D Do I have regrets? Some. However, when I think back to living in the UK, with the cold, dull, wet weather, I have to pinch myself. Especially when my bedroom faces the not so far away watery landscape of the Caribbean Sea!

Currently, I am attempting to write my first novel. With all of the procrastination that I have been involved in, together with the new business - completely impossible in this unstable and weak economic climate - that we are setting up, the novel has regretably taken a rear seat:/

But I can still daydream, hold onto my novel being completed and ride out all of this challenges that I face each day on living on this magical and nature island, no?

Looking forward in getting to know you all!

Hi Taiwilliams119

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks for the welcome!
:D

good luck with the book, and the voyage :)
Thinking of moving there myself. Would you recommend it ?
How good is the internet connection over there ? is it fast and stable ?

Hi Dillen,
Thanks for the words.
Would I recommend it? You have to have a solid economic base... if I could've done things different, this would've been forefront in my mind.
Dominica is a beautiful island, but its still developing. So if you take this thought and compare it with the island, then its a great place. The infrastructure and communication skills need to be developed in business and personal relationships.
The internet connection is fast and stable; there are many packages available from the ISPs, so you can choose one which suits your pocket.
I hope that I have answered enough?
Blessings
:D

taiwilliams119 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Currently, I am attempting to write my first novel. With all of the procrastination that I have been involved in, together with the new business - completely impossible in this unstable and weak economic climate - that we are setting up, the novel has regretably taken a rear seat:/

But I can still daydream, hold onto my novel being completed and ride out all of this challenges that I face each day on living on this magical and nature island, no?

Looking forward in getting to know you all!

Hi Tai,  :)

One good place to self-publish your book is http://www.lulu.com
They were the first major publishers on the Net.
Also try to find brick & mortar publishers BEFORE you finish your book.

Thanks John C
I have already looked at lulu.com a while back, however, I am currently seeking other publishing options

taiwilliams119 wrote:

Thanks John C
I have already looked at lulu.com a while back, however, I am currently seeking other publishing options

Hi Tai,  :)
... and if you find a great publisher, please let me know.
Also, now that you are writing you first book, think about writing the second one. Never slow down! ...  :top:

hi all I would love to connect with someone in DA i have a project over there and would love to spend more time on the island to see everything through with hopes to eventually settle here...thanks!