Rent advance payment, a must in Amman?

Hello guys,

My name is Tunde, a new member and I'm relocating to Jordan, Amman by the end of the month (April). I need help regarding apartment rental in amman, as most property sites I have visited actually laid emphasies on advance payment (6-12 months). I understand rent is quite expensive in Amman, especially if furnished and with nice taste.
Is it possible I find ones that requires pay as you go ( one month payment and move in) and subsequently paying monthly?

Please, comments will be helpful and will appreciate if anyone can help with a nice studio apartment, with all ammenities and not more than 350JD - 400JD.

Thanking you.

Hi Tunde,
Where are you relocating from. I live in Madaba and have been trying to move to Amman, but as you have heard it is rather difficult. They all have contracts. What about the company you're working for, can they not help you with accommodation and take on the contract issues...  let me know if you do not manage to find something. I can help out for some time... but would need to be a lady.
Regards
Rina

Thanks Rina. I am relocating from Nigeria with my wife & son.
I understand that it is rather difficult but it will be easy if I got one from the owner directly.
i have been talking to an agent who actually thought 400JD is a bit small for a studio apartment with amenities. its baffling.
I am still looking out though, maybe luck may smile on me.

once again, thank you.

Hi Tunde,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in Jordan.
The rent is expensive in the areas where the most expats live and unfortunately they take avenges of it.
From what I understand from a previous post from you is that you will working in East side of Amman.
But you want to live in West Amman. It will be long drive to east Amman...

Why don't you look at south Amman were the rent is more reasonable and it cost you at least 15-20 min to get in east.

You can also look at the housing section and hopefully that something is available for you or you can add your post there.

Good luck!

Here is a website I was looking at, maybe they can help.
sites.google.com/site/5studios4rent

Rinag

thanks Primadonna....

Is the distance from the west to east very long? I was doing a finding and learnt that the distance to the east is only about 10mins, once at Abdoun bridge which practically seperates the two areas. I don't know if it is actually correct but i checked it out online. Pls, elaborate how long exactly. I want my son to be in the area of civilization, not otherwise.
And how much do you think rent will be around that area? A useful site to check housing around your recommended location will be helpful.

Thanks a lot

Thanks Rina....You're a darling... I sure will meet you once in Jordan...*smile*

In which area are you exactly going to work?
Saying east is a little vague, can give me some names?

Thanks Prima.....Location is in Al-Manakher.
IPP4 power plant. I'm sure you've heard of it.

The place I know because my sil lives there...  :)

In the middle of the desert

From Abdoun to there it takes about 45 minutes driving.

The southern part of Amman is booming: lots of apartments are available or will be finished in the coming months but only for buying. I guess this is not what you are looking for.

No prima, am not looking to buy. Only rent.
Is there transport available to Al-Manakher, in the area i mentioned (IPP4)? pls help find out cos I already accepted the offer and will be in jordan latest 30th April.

Thanks a bunce Prima....Really helpful

I think there are busses available but it depends from where you need them.
The best and easiest way is to buy a car or to rent for the first days/weeks.
The schedule is not reliable and they ride when the bus is full.

I lived in Amman for four months in the Jabal al Hussein district.  My landlord and his family are some of the nicest people whom I have ever met.   I have lived all around the world and my time in Amman was one of the most enjoyable. 

I suggest that you contact him at Samih Jaber to see what he currently has available in his building.

Hi Rina,
saw your post to Tunde.
have you a place to rent in Madaba?
My name is Elsie ,looking to relocate to Jordan. Preferably to Aquaba. But I do not mind elsewhere for a year.

I'm a tenant, not a landlord.  I was just making a recommendation regarding my former landlord.

The building is located about 3 Km west of downtown (near the Istiklal Hospital).  I was extremely happy there so I have no reservations recommending it to anyone looking for an apartment in Amman. 

The landlord lives in the building and does not own any other buildings.

hello Cal,

Thanks a lot for commenting on my post. I arrived in Amman yesterday and currently lodged in the Capri Hotel Suites, somewhere around 5th circle I think.
Though, my employer is responsible for it and I will get an apartment  soon.
How close is the apartment you are talking about to Abdoun. my company is in Al-manakher.
also, how many rooms? facilities or not plus price.

Thanks

Hello Elsie,

I read ur comment abt my post and ur Username actually got my attention.
Ibukun is Nigerian. Are u Nigerian? cos I am and currently in Amman.
Looking forward to ur reply

Hi,
Actually from the USA but I have a long time friend from Nigeria at my church who tells me BLESSING in one of the nigerian languages is IBUKUN. IBUKUN JESU is one of my favorite expressions.Hope you are settling down fine.

Wao..... Ibukun Jesu actually means 'the blessings of Christ'. These are words from my tribe, Yoruba.
you can also use the usual expression; 'Ibukun Jesu Ni'n Muni yan'. That is " it is the blessings of Christ that makes one outstanding"
And yes, I'm settling fine...somewhere around 5th circle.
Why are you in amman?

You sound like a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. If so,We say Alleluia,Praise His glorious name!  Ibukun Jesu N'in Muni yan indeed!
I am not in  Amman but in the USA,Florida at the moment. I spent 6 months in Jordan in 2011/2012,but in Aqaba.I was on a prayer mission.I considered relocating back then but I was not quite ready.I am at that point again and I am just putting the' feelers' out there again. Amman seemed kind of hectic to me whenever I was there to take care of my visa  Aqaba is laid back and of course the RED SEA inspires lots of biblical remembrances.
Hope you are loving your stay over there. Found a church or fellowship? All the very best of BLESSINGS to you and your family.

Hallelujah.... :)  Thanks Ibukun...yes I'm a Christian and worship at Living Faith Church (Winners Chapel) in Nigeria.
I actually have not found a church yet as I understand that most people here are Muslims and it's a bit tough locating a church around here.
I've not gone out since I got here yesterday...only visited the Citimall to get my toiletries few mins ago.
And you should get back here...Nice weather...although quite expensive to live here but the Lord is ever faithful and running broke will never be our portion.
please, et back here just like you're planning...visa isn't that hard anymore as you will get at the airport once you arrive.

How do you look like?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=194148

If you click on the link above you'll find a list of churches.

@primadonna....thanks a lot...really helpful