Living in oman

salam

i am a new member here; i have visited oman twice ; i loved it : can i find  a job in oman easy?

can i have double resident ? how can i know omani people well? i like to know  more about omani cultur.

thank you

Salam u alikum . You can married with omani man . You can received visa for family of omani national.  But you need to enter with your country I mean from iran married and you husband send visa for you . Its also possible if your husband or boy friend have some hand in ministry of interior. 
I hope I help you
Best of luck
Waris riaz

!!!

Hi rain7,

Done.

Regards.

I wonder how people can think to that extent...................!

Really a concern..  !!!

salam  sumitran

just can say>>>thank you
                         thank you
                         thank you

if i had other question about Oman ; i will glad to ask it from you.

you are  a good teacher

Good luck

My husband has been working there in Muscat, Oman for over a year now. At first his job offer comes with a family visa but we decided to let him go first so that he can be familiar with the country and its culture first. He renewed another year on his job contract and the kids and I misses him so much and we've been thinking of moving there with him but this time my husband refused, he said the living situation there is not good especially for our three daughters and that woman expat especially Filipinos gets sexually harassed there. Is this true? I really wanna be with him and I an willing to conform to their country's culture by wearing conservative clothes all the time.

Hi Datanjan,

Now that your husband has been there for over a year, he must have got a driving license and car.
If he indeed has, than there is no reason to worry.
One area where woman do get harassed is while walking alone on lonely stretch of roads. Such situations have been reported by women when they go alone to say purchase some household provisions.
If your husband already owns a car, its unlikely that the need to walk alone will arise.
No problem with women being alone in shopping malls or other public areas as such.
Besides the above, the country is very safe and women are in fact treated with respect.

If your daughters are school going, they shouldn't be a problem. If they are in their teens and need to move alone by themselves, they probably need to be a lot more careful.

I would still say it's a safe country for women as long as some reasonable care is taken. But I guess that goes with every other country.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply.
Until now my husband is still working on getting a drivers license and I am planning to send him a certificate from here with red ribbon for his old drivers license in our country. They say it would be easier if he has this document. By then acquiring a vehicle should not be a problem since he can pay for it in installment.
Your reply is very helpful. Gives me peace of mind.:)
Thank you.

Datanjan,
I would totally disagree with your husband. Oman is one of the safest country on the planet where women are given respect. Unless a woman welcomes another attention, noone dares to even see. The rules / laws are extremely strict in Oman when it comes to this issue and if someone found, harrasing a female, the minimum punishment is deportation from Oman.

Hence, you can easily come and live a comfortable life with your husband here.

Hi Schaz,
Thanks for that info. We just worry about our teenage daughter, they say that if she's gonna take a public vehicle going to school it would be very likely to happen. Can I ask one more question? Can I also acquire driver's license and perhaps drive and buy vehicle of my own in Oman even if I'm not employed there just my husband.
Thanks again and reply from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Datanjan,
If the reason your husband is hesitant in moving you'll to Muscat is because he still does not have a personal car, I would to an extent agree with his line of thinking.
I guess he is the caring kind, who does not want his family to go through the hardships without a vehicle and would rather prefer you'll joining him once he has his license.

One is literally crippled without their own car in this part of the world. There is hardly any public transportation.
Expat females are generally advised not to venture alone in local taxis.
You say you have teenage daughters, so I do understand where the insecurity seems to be cropping up with your husband.
But other than the transportation bit, its completely safe for women.

You do have certain private transporters who can be arranged to commute just your children, but that would cost quite a bit.

Your thought of obtaining a license for yourself is good as its a little easier for females to get the license.  Women also have an option of choosing license only for automatic transmission cars, which men cannot.
But what you need to consider are the costs involved. I don't know what stage of learning your husband is in, but assuming both of you are trying to get a driving license at the same time, it will cost you a fortune.
Charges here are 7RO per hour. One will require a minimum 15 hours of practice. Further each test costs you about 35 RO. The average number of tests for obtaining a license in Muscat is about 6.
Some may get in the 2-4th tests, while others have crossed 10 tests and still trying.
You multiply the above costs by two assuming both of you are learning together and that will mean a lot of money.
The quicker and more economical  way to get a license in Oman is to take tests at smaller towns like Sumail and Ibra. You have driving schools in these places where you can get into a contract for say 250 RO to 300 RO which will include all charges for practice and tests until you obtain a license. One needs to be careful though to get into contracts only with reputed driving schools and not with individual instructors.

I hope this answers the questions you had in your mind.
Cheers.

Datanjan wrote:

Hi Schaz,
Thanks for that info. We just worry about our teenage daughter, they say that if she's gonna take a public vehicle going to school it would be very likely to happen. Can I ask one more question? Can I also acquire driver's license and perhaps drive and buy vehicle of my own in Oman even if I'm not employed there just my husband.
Thanks again and reply from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I guess the above reply by "Crusaderzz" will rectify all your doubts (if any) in mind.

Getting a license these days is a real bottleneck for anyone. However, once you or your husband acquire it, the life will become more than easy for both of you. Best of luck !

Asa gani work imo husband. Ok man Ang Oman my family Is with me for 9 yrs. Gusto ka og Dali o na family join without hassle? Tell your husband to invite for visit visa tapos Transfer nlang dayon sa family visa once u r here in muscat. Trust me i did it to my family.

@ mmilvar > Would you be so kind to write in english only on this english speaking forum? It will help everyone to understand what you just said and to follow the whole conversation.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers: