Weekend Visit

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum as a member but have been doing a lot of reading over the last few weeks here, I'm May have an opportunity to join a company out in Bahrain and currently undergoing their interview process the stage I'm at is that they have asked me out for a weekend to meet face to face and discuss things further,there's a possibility that I will have an amount of free time to tour the island other than the obvious of seeing potential housing locations is there anywhere else I should visit and or anything else I should try to get from my trip as it will be the only opportunity to visit the island prior to accepting job if one is offered?

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary. Welcome to the Forum.

If you have family and school going kids, you may want to also check out schools (since its a weekend trip schools will be closed, but at least their locations), supermarkets, play areas, entertainment options, etc.

Also when looking at potential housing, look at a number of areas, because each one has its own pros and cons.

If you are like to also tour the place and see places of interest there are a few places to visit. Let us know and we can give you a few tips.

Exciting times ahead! Best wishes.

Farhaz wrote:

Hi Gary. Welcome to the Forum.

If you have family and school going kids, you may want to also check out schools (since its a weekend trip schools will be closed, but at least their locations), supermarkets, play areas, entertainment options, etc.

Also when looking at potential housing, look at a number of areas, because each one has its own pros and cons.

If you are like to also tour the place and see places of interest there are a few places to visit. Let us know and we can give you a few tips.

Exciting times ahead! Best wishes.

I too am interested!  :) and yell me about those places please

mal wrote:

There was a recent thread. Let me see if I can find the link.

But in any case, if you come to Bahrain I will be your tour guide, mal.

Hello Gary,

Welcome to the forum. Let me know when you are in Bahrain and I can meet you up for a drink and answer all the questions you may have about Bahrain.

Good luck!

Thanks I will be staying in a hotel in juffair yet it's only a weekend and I'm not 100% sure on the agenda for the weekend all I know is that Sunday should be mine I know that's a working day so will maybe message here Saturday night from the hotels wifi if can meet for a drink etc. I'm excited about getting out there I just hope that the company who has the job advertised think I'm the man for the job :)

I am pretty sure they think you are the man for the job, otherwise they wouldn't have gone all the expense of paying your flight and hotel to get you down here.

I do hope so:) I keep looking at places and areas to live and it seams all have there positive and negative points, guess if offered a position then A more I depth look at each can be done once in Bahrain and presumably spending at least a month in hotel accommodation.

Yeah, once you are here, things will make more sense and you will be able to understand your surroundings more. When I first came to Bahrain, the company put me into a hotel in Seef, which was close to where I was working back then. I didn't have a driving license back then so I walked around and found a flat 2 minutes walk from where I worked. Still live in the same flat :)

Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:

There was a recent thread. Let me see if I can find the link.

But in any case, if you come to Bahrain I will be your tour guide, mal.

And my hotel, cook and everything, brother??