Risks that can be faced by my sponser for my stay in Germany..

Hii all..

First of all I am so happy and thankful to find a blog like this.. I get lot of information from this.. thanks to all support

I am presenyly doing my processing to Germany and I need to submit few more papers.. one important one is the proof of income, which is approximately 8000 euros.. Another option is to get a sponsership letter from a German citizen.. as one of my close friend in germany has promised me to give me the letter... I need to know if there is any risks involved in this.. I just wanted to rule out any risks for the person who is helping me..

What all are her responsibilities.. will she be liable for all my financial bills or just my living expenses.. I am sure I won't make any unneccesary bills and even though she is ready to give me sponsership,  but I wanted to convince her risks.. this will also help me to be aware of any mistakes that can cause loss to my sponser..

Thank you

The sponsor is liable for ALL expenses you incur while being in Germany, PLUS your repatriation cost (i.e. your ticket home AND any incarceration needed before the authorities put you on a plane).
This is only a problem if you do something wrong (e.g. overstay your visa, work without permit or do other illegal things) or run out of your own money, but it can easily cost tens of thousands of Euro if you do.
You need a very good friend who trusts you to get such a letter!

The risks of offering sponsorship depend on the person you offer it to.

The sponsorship letter is actually an affidavit declaring that the person may be held accountable for your mistakes, not necessarily that they will pay for everything. You can pay for your own upkeep but if you don't your "sponsor" is liable for it. Basically this letter is like a guarantor for a loan.

Considering the risk lies in your hands, be sure to let your friend know if you plan on doing anything illegal or even not returning to your home country. But if you are a law abiding citizen, then your friend will have very little to worry about.