Decaffeinated Green Tea

When I first moved to Bahrain I found decaffeinated green tea easily. It was Tetley's and it was packaged in a bag with 50 tea bags in it. I looked in the tea section at Geant (I think) and it was there. However, this was apparently not a regular thing and I haven't been able to find it since. Not at Geant, Lulu, Al Jazira, or Carrefour.
So does anyone know where I can find decaf green tea?

While talking tea - I also haven't found milk oolong tea in individual tea bags. Anyone ever seen this here?

Thanks.

I can't believe you posted this question because I was about to post the same... Well, I am not after green tea but I am after decaf tea and decaf Coke. Have you seen them anywhere? Very rarely I see decaf tea in Geant but nowhere else.

Carrefour at City Centre has the Tetley's decaf black tea in the same package I mentioned above. It is a light blue bag with 50 tea bags in it.
If you stand looking at the teas, it is on the top shelf almost to the right end of the teas.

But there is no decaf green tea there :(

I saw oolong tea at the Geant easy in saar but not sure if that is different to milk oolong? I'll keep an eye out though. I have noticed that some items are not stocked regularly at the super markets - my advice is to buy up big when you find your favourites.

Unfortunately oolong and milk oolong are not the same. The milk oolong is a type of oolong, but the taste of it and a "regular" oolong is quite different.
Thanks though.

And yes, when you find something you really want - buy all that can! I was used to this in my last location, but didn't think it would apply here too. I guess it does. In the case of the decaf green tea I was fooled by being lucky to find it the first time I looked for it!
Add Alosra to the list of places that doesn't have it.

Oh god I go to Carrefour and spend ages on the tea & coffee isle looking for decaf tea anytime I go there and I am yet to find one. Next time I am there, I am going to analyse every single packet if necessary.

brightonguy -
This morning I found two boxes of Bigelow decaf black tea in the convenience store of your former office building. While not the decaf green tea I'm after, I took one and left the other in case you want to swing by and grab it. In reflection I should have grabbed both boxes and if you didn't want one just kept it, but it was early and with the rain I was still half asleep so I wasn't thinking clearly.
It was BD 1.15 for 20 tea bags.

You're a star. I am abroad right now but back in Bahrain this weekend. I will surely pay a visit there when I get back :)

How about a decaf Coke?

Lulu Ramli also had PG pips decaf black tea today - haven't seen decaf green tea anywhere though.

If I ever find the decaf green tea again I am going to buy every package they have!

Have you checked the organic shop at Seef Mall? I haven't but decaf green tea sounds like it's something they could potentially have. Prepare to pay a lot of money for it though.

I went to Carrefour the other day and bought 3 packs of decaf tea - despite the fact it's 1.590 BHD for only 40 tea bags. It's a robbery!

I forgot about that place. I did check there a couple of months ago.
Unless I am imagining it, I seem to remember now that they a box of just 20 bags for something close to BD 2. Not believing yet that it was nearly impossible to find I though that twas crazy and didn't buy it.
Now that I know it is nearly impossible to find, I still think it is crazy and probably wouldn't buy it at the price.

Evening all,

If looking for decaf black tea check out M&S in Seef Mall.  They have boxes of 80 tea bags for 2.5BD!!!

Worth keeping in mind for the future for any of you who drink it!

All the best

Sarah

Geant at the Bahrain Mall -
As of today I found Tetleys Decaf Green Tea in stock! It is pricey for what it is, but they have it. 50 bags for BD 1.990.
They also had plenty of decaf black tea and even a decaf green/white tea mix.

I'm sure someone from Geant is reading this topic.

brightonguy wrote:

Then a big thanks to them for being so responsive.

Perhaps we can ask that they reconsider their pricing then too?!
While the price isn't going to break many of us, it is rather high for what it is.

Well, I'd rather them selling the big boxes of tea bags rather than the 40 bag which only lasts a couple of weeks if I am lucky.

In addition to the decaf tea/green tea, I am desperately looking to get Decaf Coke. I was only able to find it once in the past 2 years and then they disappeared.

I drink a crate of diet Coke a week but I need the decaf one desperately.

brightonguy wrote:

:cool:

brightonguy wrote:

In addition to the decaf tea/green tea, I am desperately looking to get Decaf Coke. I was only able to find it once in the past 2 years and then they disappeared.
I drink a crate of diet Coke a week but I need the decaf one desperately.

Working on it... I'll let you know in PM   :D

Cheers

Olivier

Olivier! Where have you been! It's been ages.. Good to see you back on the forum.

Please note I am looking for the Decaf Diet Coke, not the Decaf Coke with sugar... The Decaf Diet Coke has a Bronze colour on the can whereas the Decaf Coke is a red can with bronze coloured Coca-Cola brand on it..

Thanks a million for your help!

Hi Brightonguy,

Never been too far even if I restrict myself to the French and Spanish parts of the forum :D
I see exactly which one you're talking about and will try to get the why when what if and co ^^

Let you know ASAP

Cheers

O.