Marry to a Mauritius citizen

I m a Indian giri want to marry a Mauritius citizen. Pl let me know the formalities to be completed. And what is morality and celibacy  certificate. From where can it be obtained in India.

Hello divine gloury,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to have accurate information, it would be best if you could get in touch with the Mauritian embassy in New Delhi and Mumbai respectively on the (91) 11 24102161/62/63 and (022) 22841410.

Do not hesitate to come back on the forum to share any information received and also if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

A mauritian embassy in India will be able to assist and help you .  You can marry a mauritian in India after taking details at india civil status etc, Have you a mauritian boy friend already . I t shouldnt be a problem.

Dear Hasnaa .
Thanks for replying. What would b d problem as u mentioned. I think my work is going smooth.
Thanks.

divine gloury wrote:

Dear Hasnaa .
Thanks for replying. What would b d problem as u mentioned. I think my work is going smooth.
Thanks.

She is asking you, since you want to get married, if you have a Mauritian BF or fiancé already. Thus no problem since you will have to provide personal details about him .
However, if you are looking for one BF so that you can marry a Mauritian citizen, then the Consulate will not waste their time with you.

I hv my friend n relatives already.

Hi im nazia.. im a mauritian I already have a boyfriend but he is from Bangladesh n I want to marry him because I love him alot. I want to make him become a citizen of Mauritius so that he can live with me forever. Pls advise me wat can I do. Dont want to lose him..  Can we get married in court.?

As much I know,Maurituis government wants that the marraige shud b done mauritus only. The citizen from other country shud bring three certificates 1.Birth certificate 2.Celibacy certificate3. Morality certificate. All three shud b done Apostiled from Apostile office in there country. Celibacy certificate shud b attested from Magistrate, Morality shud  b brought from Police that the person has no criminal records in their country.  Let me know how the process goes on.

ramjan nazia wrote:

Hi im nazia.. im a mauritian I already have a boyfriend but he is from Bangladesh n I want to marry him because I love him alot. I want to make him become a citizen of Mauritius so that he can live with me forever. Pls advise me wat can I do. Dont want to lose him..  Can we get married in court.?

Since you are Mauritian, please check the govt site:
http://csd.pmo.gov.mu/English/registrat … gners.aspx

BTW: He won't get citizenship right away - nowhere in the world this is feasible.
He would had to wait 4 yrs after the marriage before making his application and even then it is up to the Minister to deliver or not.

Thank you for rep.. actually my boyfriend is in Bangladesh right now and he wants to come in Mauritius on a work permit and then we will get  married. After that he will apply for permanent residence. Is this the best way to come or is there some another way.? Please help me

I m soo Sorry I dont know much about this. U can find out on net or consult an advocate.

yan you need to be honest at least,the embassy will do some research.
he must have 3-4-5-6-7 years marriage running smoothly no divorce,upbringing of kids

get married on spouse marriage visa if you dont want to lose,he can reside n for his independent livelihood use his marriage certificate wiz you as residence permit for his job.after he must have 3-4-5-6-7 years marriage running smoothly no divorce,upbringing of kids,he will get permanent residency and can buy property.

[moderated: not a dating or matrimonial website]

Most imp u need morality certificate from visa office

hi I'm partap from Punjab . If u hv any boyfrnd in Mauritius thn u can go thr as a marriage visa n u can get married ok . U have to show ur passport birth certificate Thts all