Permit

HI
I AM SERBIAN AND I LIVE IN GREECE BUT I WANT TO MOVE IN MALTA.I AM ELECTRONICS AND ALSO MAKE HAND MADE PRODUCTS.WHAT IS PROCEDURE FOR STREET HAWKER PERMIT AND IF I HAVE PERMIT FOR STREET HAWKER CAN I HAVE AFTER LEGAL PERMIT FOR LIVING IN MALTA.THANKS

In my opinion, as I dont know the rules on this, you would need to register as a self employed person and would need to fill out the form for a Self Employed permit which is the same as a normal work permit but its filled by you and not the company you work for.

this page may help although its 2009 and things may change.

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-work-permit … 98785.html

Julian

Hi dankoni,

welcome to the forum.

Serbia is not a EU member state yet and as such a third country.

The ETC guidelines give following information on self-employment of TCN's:

In respect of third country nationals, an employment licence is required and is only granted in exceptional cases. In order to qualify for self-employed status, a third country national must meet one or more of the following criteria:

a. Invest in Malta capital expenditure  of at least Eur 100,000 within 6 months from the date on which the ETC licence is issued. 

b. Highly skilled innovators with a sound business plan - to be submitted with application - who commit to recruiting at least three EEA/Swiss/Maltese nationals within eighteen months of establishment;

c. Sole representative of an overseas company (with a sound reputation and established for at least three years abroad) wishing to open a branch in Malta - evidence of representation is required;

d. A person leading a project that has been formally approved by Malta Enterprise and formally notified by the latter to ETC.

Applications containing a firm commitment re the engagement of EEA/Swiss/Maltese nationals as part of the staff complement will assist in the favourable consideration of an application

So it could prove difficult to gain a work permit as a street hawker. My American girlfriend tried to get a permit as self-employed 2 years ago and didn't succeeed. The place to apply is the ETC.

If you get a work permit you would be allowed to reside in Malta .

Cheers
Ricky

thanks

I'm a U.K. National and planning to move to Malta permanently, I'm hoping to start a business there, my fiance is Mauritian, therefore a non E.U. citizen, she plans to come to Malta later this year for holiday and wants to apply for a work permit so that we can work together, if she is successful in obtaining a work permit, does this give her automatic resident status.

Hi Adrian,

welcome to the forum.

Your non EU fiancee cannot apply for a work permit.

You or someone else would have to employ her and apply for her work permit although the application as such does not guarantee a work permit for her. A work permit would give her residency for the length of her work permit up to one year.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello Ricky and thank you for your reply, we are planning to marry in the coming months ahead, once we are married will this make a difference, (will she have the same rights as myself and be able to reside in Malta)

regards Adrian

Hi Adrian,

once you are married your wife will have the same rights as you regarding the EU . She will be able to reside in the EU , work in the EU without requiring a work permit and so on.

So it is probably easier to wait until you are married.

Are you living together in the EU at the moment? Does your fiance have residence rights in the EU at the moment?

Cheers
Ricky

Hello Ricky and thank you again for your reply,  Very helpful!!

I have been away, sorry for the late response,
My fiance is now with me in Malta and will stay until early June, she has no rights to residency at this time, however we plan for the marriage in June.this year. Naturally we are both eager to start our new life together and hope that we have little problem, especially with European Red Tape, 
My future wife is a divorcee and has 3 daughter's, naturally my lady would wish for her children to follow, one being 13 years, assuming she would be OK to continue her education here without problems.. but the other 2 daughter's, one is now 19, and Sadly handicapped being (deaf and dumb) and her eldest daughter is now 24 and also married..WHAT & IF? can they do, or I can do to assist them to gain a future life here in Malta or Europe.

Looking some information for the residence issues and work permit obtaing in Malta. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BR,
Aida

Hi,

But id a shouse is having the EU passport?

Thanks,
Aida

HI,I need information ,fee for Resident Card ,for my san age 5.He is from Serbia.But ,befor he was in Malta ,one year.And me,too,7 years. I had Resident as Worker.Next year I will do Work Permit,and my san have to go in School.
Thanks