What is the expat salary for an operations manager for a tour company?

Hi everyone!

I just got a job offer as an Operations Manager from a tour company that I was doing a small contract project for. This company runs anywhere from 10-15 multi-day to three week tours that travels between countries. He asked me what my salary expectation is but I'm not sure what the range is and not even yet what is fully involved with the job.

I asked him for the full job description of course but one thing I'm skeptical of for taking the position is  the owner and other people in the company take a long time to reply for simple, but necessary, administrative tasks and |I'm not sure if this is the kind of work pace I'd like to be in. Or it could be an opportunity to improve the way things work within the organization. The company has gotten top reviews on trip advisor so at least clients are satisfied with the tours.

Thanks!

Hi cocomees
Welcome to Expat.com.

Have you tried a Google search for salary range. You could type in 'travel agent salaries south east asia' and see what comes up.

Another idea may be to ask the company how much they are prepared to pay. Of course they will give a low figure which will give you something to go on.

PM me confidential- I'm in the travel business in Cambodia  since 10 years.
It depends which company is offering you the job (if international company or local), there are huge salary ranges.
Not replying to emails is not unusual, especially over the holidays here.

In Cambodia  depends on what nationality you are. Let's say around 150-500 US dollar/ month . and that is working from Monday through Saturday , From 7 to 5?