Is 700 $ enough salary?

Hi dere ...I want to ask my friend is coming to ghana from india ...is 700 $  enough salary if all other expenses like vehicle for transport .food.house is provided by company

Hi raavi,

I created a new thread with your post on the Ghana forum, it may bring more light to your question. :)

Priscilla

Thanks dear...

If your friend is coming alone (not with other family members), and all other expenses such ad transportation and housing is being catered for by the company, then $700 is enough since $1 is almost GHC3 now.

Transportation is one of the major source of money drainage in Ghana. If housing is provided and transportation is provided, then it should be enough. But then again it depends on the kind of activities this individual likes to indulge in.

Cheers

Thnks alot .....yes he is coming alone...how much will he be able to save...and what kind of life he will be able to live..

sorry was that message intended for me?

Deboy....put sme light on it dear....

If transport, housing and food is being taken care of, you are in good shape.  The difference maker is knowing how to get the cheapest services for things like laundry, cleaning and repairs for electronics....If you are single, you probably can just do your own laundry and cleaning and avoid plenty of drama.

for what kind of work are you talking about

Administrative work...he is fresher

No.  Ghana is a very expensive place to live.

It is expensive but if your housing, transportation and food is taken care of, that changes the entire picture.  If you go to brunch at La Palm Royal every week then that is another issue.... :lol:

Thnks   alot . ..but if he cooks for himself them.....so this means life will be hard dere

Hahaha!  You must have seem me there.  Personally, I would not come to Ghana for $700.00, but everyone is different.  If this person decides to come I wish him the best. Bon Chance!

with 350 $ a month you will get what your heart wish for if you buy the most in the market, those who say it's not possible don't believe it, bcos i know

Hi...I am an Indian too and living in Ghana for last 6 months. Few things your friend needs to consider before he moves here. The company should take care of accommodation (otherwise it is a strict no no). Most of the houses here looks for 12 months advance. Be careful on that front. Taxis are very expensive, till the time I got my car, I used to spend almost $20 per day to and fro, just to go to office.

There are few Indian restaurants, and a normal meal will cost almost $15 -$20 (Say a biriyani and chicken dish). Panner Butter Masala would be GHS 15 - GHS 30 depending the type of restaurant. Can you believe onions here are sold here as per piece basis, and cost of one onion is 0.5 Cedis ($1 = GHS 2.82).

A Rs. 10/- Maggi Masala in Indian store is GHS 2 (or say Rs. 42/-)

Please ensure that he brings all the Indian spices for his cooking. Otherwise it will create a big hole in his pocket if he has to buy them over here.

If you can tell me where is he getting his accommodation and location of his office, I can give an approximate estimate of the travel cost.

But the best part about Ghana is (apart from it is too expensive), its a very safe country, and people are very courteous and nice.

All the best to him, if you have any query, please mail me.