Mums in Rio!

Hi everyone
I have just moved to Rio with my husband and 3 month old baby and am looking to meet other mums and also find out about any mum and baby groups or activities here. If anyone has any advice or info or would just like to meet for a coffee one day, let me know!
Laura

Hi Laura,
Welcome to Rio!
While I don't have any children yet, I expect that all to change in August when I'm due to deliver my first baby!
There's a group on facebook called 'Rio Playgroup'. Its a group of expat women who organise weekly mother and baby gatherings- its a really good place to meet other mums. Its a closed group but perhaps I can add you - you can send me a friend request on facebook and then I should be able to add you.
Bjs
Niamh

Hi Niamh,
Thanks very much and congratulations on expecting your first baby! I can confirm everything will change for you in August :-)! I had heard of the Facebook group and tried joining but nothing seemed to happen, I guess because its a closed group. Great if you can add me, I'll send you a friend request.
Thank you!
Laura

Hi Laura,
I just sent you a friend request on Facebook. My name is Niamh Whiriskey, I'm Irish married to a Carioca and here in Brazil over 3 years ;)
Bjs

Thanks Niamh, very much appreciated!
I'm British, been here 2 weeks and will be here for 3 yrs as my hubby is working on the Olympics! :)

Hi ladies,

I will be leaving for Rio de Janeiro on July 29th. I have a 9 month old baby and would love to be added to the group as well. My husband will be staying for at least 3 months if not longer and I would love to meet other expat moms. PS my husband is Brazilian by birth so I hope my learning curve isn't to great.

Beijos,

Colleen and Sophie

Hi Colleen,
If you send me a Facebook request I can add you to the group, my surname is Channon. And if you want to meet up for a coffee when you get here, just let me know :-)
Laura

Hello!
My wife and I will move from NY to Rio in a couple of weeks with our 6 months old baby.
I'm currently a French "at home dad", and it may be the same in Rio as it's my wife who is transfered...
I'm part of meetup groups for dads (or mums) in NY and would love to be part of your group in Rio..as I don't want my baby to be cut off his american roots...
In addition I would love to stay in touch with american expats.
Kind regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

You're going to be a rarity here in Brazil, for sure. I was "Mr. Mom" back in Canada long before the movie with that title was even dreamed of. From my eleven years experience here in Brazil I can tell you that even as an expat you're going to be the object of strange stares, whispered comments and maybe even stopped and questioned in public by police who will want you to identify yourself and prove your relationship to your own child.

Brazilians, both men and women, are by nature very jealous too so be very careful about trying to strike up friendships with Brazilian moms in the park or other public places, this wii certainly be misinterpreted by Brazilians because they are not accustomed to seeing men being the primary caregiver like we North Americans are.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thank you for your answer!

That's another reason why I would love to be part of the american mums group!

Hi! Im moving to Rio with my husband and our 11 month old baby. We will be living in Barra. Does anyone know any activities to do with babies? I would also love to meet other mms with babies ;)

Thanks

Ceci

hey,

i live in Rio since 3,5years.
I am a new mum, my son is 2,5 months old and i am looking for other expat mums.
would love to join that facebook group.Anyone that could invite me?

thanks,
Martina

Hi Martina! Where about in río do you live? Ley me know, maybe we can catch up!

hey, thanks for your message!i live in humaitá!do you live in barra?

Hi! We live in Barra. I haven't been around much yet. We got here only a few days ago !

oh,welcome!!!if you will be around in zona sul contact me, would love meeting you.I dont have a car so getting to barra is difficult for me!

I don't have a car either :(
Same here , if you are around let me know and we can catch up! Cheers!

Hi! I'm British and moved to Brazil in January 2013 with my Brazilian wife and 8 month old daughter. We were quite surprised at how expensive children's stuff, especially toys were, so decided to open a toy rental company, Baú Verde. We want to offer an alternative for parents who want to provide their children with different stimuli in a more cost efficient and sustainable manner. We have toys and accessories for children up to 4 years old and offer 4 different monthly plans, so you can choose the ideal one for your family. Our website is in Portuguese but we're bilingual so if you have any questions, let us know. [link under review]

Hi Erasmus,

http://elar-archive.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Welcome-banner.jpg

On behalf of everybody at Expat-blog, welcome on board.

We really don't permit advertising on the open forums and for security reasons new members aren't able to post outside links to the blog.

However, I invite you to place your (free) ad in our Classifieds section which you can access by clicking the CLASSIFIEDS tab in the green banner at the top of the page. Actually it will get the same exposure there and will stay current, as opposed to here in the forum where it will continue to move towards the back pages as new topics are posted.

Cheers

Sorry about posting in the wrong bit and thanks for the tip. Will place an ad in the Classifieds.

Best

Hi! My name is Luiza
I'm living in Copacobana with my husband and 14 moths old son
If you would like to meet some day
Regards :)

Hi Martina
My name is Luiza
We live in copacobana with my 14 month old son
Maybe we could meet so our babies can play together :)

Hi Martina
My name is Luiza
We live in copacobana with my 14 month old son
Maybe we could meet so our babies can play together :)

Hi
My name is Luiza
We moved here as a family
I have a 14 month old baby and we live in copacobana
So if any English or Spanish or Russian speaking mom  would like to meet with there kids or babies
Would be great :)

Cheers

Hi! I am Swedish and live in Copacabana together with my Brasilian husband and 2 year old daughter. I would love to meet other expat moms! Could anyone add me to that Facebook group? Thanks! 😃

Hi, we also live in Copacobana
My name is Luiza
And we have son he is 1year and 6 months
Every morning we go to arpoador beach
So if u want u can join us
Cheers :)

Hi Luiza! I would love to join you one morning! What is your email? Cheers

(Moderated: email deleted)

Hello all,

For obvious reasons of personal security, we strongly recommend that members (especially female members) DO NOT post any private / identifying information such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, Whatsapp, FB or other accounts, full name, name of workplace, residential address, etc., to our open forums. There are all kinds of people out there who are going to use this information for illicit purposes.

Personal information should only be exchanged in our private message system, and then only with those individuals you know and trust.

Cheers,
James       Expat-blog Experts Team

Ok thanks
Could u delete it pls

Your wish is my command, as the genie in the lamp would say..... :D

Done!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ae/2e/6d/ae2e6d740ce6088146373ee486f4c325.jpg

Hahahaha thanks
Lol

I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada. My family has been traveling back and forth from Las Vegas to Brazil for over a year now. We are thinking about making a more permanent move to Rio De Janeiro. My family includes my Brazilian husband and 2 year old son. We are currently living at Copacabana and loving it. I would love to meet up with some moms and kids. I have sent a request to join the Rio Playgroup. Please help me get in.
Thanks.

Hi,
I have started searching for mothers groups also. I'm 6 months pregnant.

Im based in Copacobana, let me know if you'd like to catch up!

Anna.

I would love to meet up. How long have you been living here? I'm 15 weeks pregnant. Will you be having your baby here?

Great! not supposed to share details here but I cant see how to private message so find me on facebook by searching ** I dont use this e-mail address however so if you dont have facebook we can figure out another way to contact.
I've been here since April and having the baby here.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

I will find you on FB.

Hello :)

To access private message system, click on the avatar of the member with whom you wish to interact, once his profile opens up, on the right side you will see a green button ' Send Message'.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi All mums in Rio,

I have just started a Mums natter group in Meetup group for any interested mums and then I found this thread! I have a little man of 7 months or there abouts and keen for him to interact with babies and toddlers - not to mention,  I wouldn't mind a break from trying to express myself in Portuguese all the time!!!  Message me if you want details of the group or if you want to meet up.  Based in Ipanema :)

Send me the info on the group.
I have a 2 year old boy that loves all sizes of kids that needs play time. We live in Copacabana but very close to Ipanena. I would love to meet up.
Jenna