My turn.

Hi all,

Torbjörn is the name, I'm 35 and currently live in Stockholm, Sweden. I've been thinking about relocating to Malta for over a year now and just started to actively search for jobs there. Preferably in the igaming industry since I got experience in customer support and the last year been working in a service desk.

The reasons for me looking at Malta are:

1. The weather - Last years i've been disappointed in the swedish summer. Not warm enough and to short.

2. The Ocean - I cant help myself dreaming about the clear waters of Malta, maybe learn to dive...

3. Pace of life - As I've read this could swing both ways and be stressful sometimes. But i'd rather that than have a small amount of stress all the time cause of the lifestyle here.

4. I ain't getting any younger - I would like to experience something new while I'm young. (Yes I'm still young :D ).

There are more reasons but I'm not here to bore you.

If everything plays out well i will relocate this autumn.

Until then, see you on this forum.

Best wishes

Hi Torbjörn,

welcome to the forum.

If your Swedish  is as good as your English you should do fine in Malta. You should have no problem finding a job in the igaming industry.

We look forward to seeing you here as a new member of our Expat group. You won't be the only Swede -)))

Cheers
Ricky

maybe he will "turnip" to one of your meets Ricky. lol

Hi toon,

yes , that would  be a good turnip(up).

Swede may refer to:

A resident or citizen of Sweden
    A member of the Swedish people
    Swedes (Germanic tribe), an ancient North Germanic tribe inhabiting parts of modern day Sweden
    A rutabaga in England, Ireland, Wales, New Zealand and Australia
    Swede Lake, Carver County, Minnesota

I guess you were thinking of the Swedish turnip ! -)))

Cherrs
Ricky

:)

Ebbotz wrote:

4. I ain't getting any younger - I would like to experience something new while I'm young. (Yes I'm still young :D ).

Yes! You are still young. 33 myself, and moving this month.

Øyvind

Welcome to the board........

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/DTL%20Welcome/bth_welcome-9.gif

Mike

Many igaming related companies with offices in Malta such as Unibet, Expekt, Betsson, Besedo... are managed (and were founded) by Swedes and I believe that they do well in their country so it is very likely that they will be looking sometime for Swedish speakers. Indeed there is a job offer for "Customer Service and Sales Agent - Swedish Speaking" at http://blog.expekt.com/social/jobs/

Maybe this time.

I've kept applying every time a suitable job offer come up. And also sent in spontaneous applications.
And the good news is that this time I have had the first interview and been requested to attend a second one. Tomorrow!

Sure hope it plays out well.

Thanks for your comments. And I will leave a status update on how it went. Maybe it's my turn now.

Best wishes

Hurray!!!
From one swede, slitely older, (retierd,) to Another. I am holding my thumbs for you. It just got to be your time now.

Keep up the good work!

Tommy

Thank you for your kind comment Tommy!

I actually think I made a good impression. The nice lady who held the interview seemed relaxed and she was easy to talk to. She told me that I will probably hear from them next week if I go through to the third interview (which is the last)

Oh, and I also got a mail from one of the recruiting companies saying they were interested in an interview. So there might be another opening somewhere :D.

I will update again when I get more info.

Best wishes

Good news everyone!

I got a mail today saying they want to hire me. I didn't even have to do the third interview. I did get the nice lady in the second interview laugh a couple of times and maybe thats why :D

And then there's bad news too of course. They offered a pay that i cannot accept, it's simply too low.
I will of course present my request and see what they say about that. My request is in no way unrealistic from what i've seen on other ads and from what the lady from the recruitment company i spoke with yesterday said.

So let's just see.

Best wishes