New members of the Sweden forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sweden forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sweden if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Am a Kenyan currently living in Nairobi. Am a Banking and Finance and currently doing Accounts. Am aspiring to do a Masters Degree in Finance. Am very outgoing and I really love meeting new people.

Hi smartkid,

are you currently preparing a move to Sweden ?

Hi, Everybody:

I am a Jordanian professional who is muldisciplined in various fields ( Accounting, Auditing, HR Management, Administration, and Translation). I am also a Cerified Management Accountant with Big4 audit experience. I am presently in Jordan and would love to work in Sweden. I do not know how to make this happen. I need an employer who is willing to hire me, and take care of the arrangements. On the other hand, I am willing to stay and settle for the long term, and do not mind for the arrangement costs to be factored into the calculation of my salary. Is this possible? Or, I'm daydreaming? Please, let me know.

Hi everyone, I am Dem from Philippines and currently working here in Dubai United Arab Emirates. I am planning to move to Sweden for a greener pasture but I don't have any idea for processing of my documents or what kind of visa i must apply. Anybody that can help me here finding an agency or individual wherein i can submit my documents to start facilitating my application? Or to help me find for a job? Anybody can help me here? it is highly appreciated. Have a blessed day to all.  :)

Hello everybody.
My name is Rudy and I am a professional decorative painter/interior designer. I have lived in England all my life and have worked on various projects mainly in the city I reside in. I have been decorating practically since the age of 17 and haven't stopped since. I do various unique and unexpected paint effects on walls and full interior by using paint and glazes to achieve desirable works of arts. Some paint effects that I do are for example marbling, rag rolling, graining, stippling, colour wash and a vast variety of more effects. I would like to make a fresh professional start and would love to work in Sweden but do not have any knowledge what is available out there. I am willing to stay and settle for the long term. Please can anyone help I will really appreciate it.
Thanking u in advance.
God bless
Rudy.

I've lived in Goteborg, Sweden (2011-12) and am back in Canada now, preparing (second degree) for a future move to Stockholm, Sweden in the next five years. Currently taking Swedish courses, Swedish partner, Swedish heritage.

Hi,

I'm new to the site. Just looking for information on studying in Sweden. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi Dem,
y
how are you? If your looking for documents, and other things you can visit the swedish consulate site, there you will find options and things yoiu need to know about moving in Sweden, by the way are you already a dual citizen? if you are then it's easy for you to apply bout moving here in Sweden, If your not and still holding a Philippines passport, you might be go back to Philippines to apply for it.

Lycka till
Goodluck
have a nice day

Hi Expats Blogger!!

It's been quite awhile, since I've been on this site, and still like to be know some people, who are currently,new in this forum,well how was it to be In Sweden, As of me I think I will be spending the midsummer here in Visby, exciting,intruiging and a hell lot more curious I think,why? coz as I know Visby used to be a place for tourist, in midsummer and summer,coz the place it self is a big museum,full of histoy,as someone told me  :) , well after spending a midsummer here I might go home or stay, why I need to choose? coz I don't trust my husband, why again? coz I think Swedish guy is not usually,faithfull? or is it really they're hobby to chat on the dating site? and knowing that they're married? I mean he is not an idiot or he just really don't give a shit? well I'm expecting alot a hell more I mean he is one of known best chef here,well as far as Im concern I'm a filipina, and Im from Cavite where brave womans and mans used to live, and we pinays are not the one you want to mess.

ciao

Hi Dem! I am also from the Philippines and i've been living in Sweden for two years now. It is not easy to find a work in Sweden especially if you cant speak their language since they really require you to speak swedish.

Hi, good day! i am always on your page and was trying to read topics and i am hoping you can help me. i am a filipina with a swedish boyfriend. we havent met but we are in a relationship for more than a year. he wants me to visit sweden through visiting visa because he cant visit me because he has work and i can stay longer, for 3 months unlike him who can just stay for 21 days here. we are planning to get married in sweden as soon as i come and everything is ready, i mean the documents need. i want to ask, after the wedding, can i file a residence visa after we register our marriage so i can stay longer than 3 months or should i return here to file it and wait? i am asking this not to overrule because i know what are the consequences, like if i overstay, i'll be banned in entering europe for 5 years.because ive read some on other website that i can process it there without coming back. i just want some advise on how we should do it. thanks alot! more power.

Hi anyone she/he old or Young .. You are welcome to hang out and share exprince and have fun toghther .... Only really people those who have good heart , keep me on touch on Skype.    Fustafa10

hi everyone I am Cris from Philippines and I just came here in Sweden last month. I have a swedish boyfriend and we are planning to extend my schengen visa upto 3 months more because my visa is good for 3 months only. The thing is we wanted to apply for resident permit but what I have heard to some Filipinas they all went back to Philippines to apply there online for resident permit and do the biometric in Thailand. I wanted to know is there any chance just to apply here in Sweden for resident permit and not to go back in Philippines? Replies will very much appreciated :)

hello i'm sekou kromah ,i live in belgium antwerp, i'm studying electricity industriele and pl control . on my last year .
my girlfriend lives in sweden with her parents but she has alot to do for school and we wanted to get married and to make study easy for her, i prefer to move in sweden in her place. but first   i wonder to know how can i i live there and get work ,if i can't speak swedish for the moment . i can just speak dutch,french and english .i really need your help for the information .thank you for understand sir

i would love to come to sweeden en make new friends,ineed asponser for futher studies.

Hi Every one!!

Am Justin from Uganda. Moving to University of Gothenburg to do my Masters and hopeful find a job too as I study.

Hope to meet new people and make new friends.

Cheers :)

hello there! i am a new comer to this site and want to join your country for further study on my field. oh forgot to tell you about me, here it is i am yonas from Ethiopia, i am now studying the field of social work in Gondar university. so we will meet again have a good time.

I am Faisal Wali from Afghanistan. I was born in 1997 in Kabul city and now living in my own country . I am graduated from high school and wish to continue my education abroad .

Hi everyone!

I am currently living in Cape Town. After spending a month in Gothenburg and falling in love with the country, I have decided that I want to move to Sweden in the near future. If anyone has any information to give me, regarding getting started in Sweden/moving, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi I am from Ireland going to stockholm in 28 July 2014 . Looking for bar a  job

Hi. I would like to go to sweden to live and work.
Tell how can i do.
Thanks

Hello i am new here in sweden too..still in the process of adjustment

Hi nede,

where do u live, i am also newto sweden.

In laholm..but were looking another place to live

Hello..visit the website of migration in sweden..or else visit the website of sweden consulate manila..

y dont u choose stockholm, its really nice.

Hey

My name is Dan and I have just moved to Stockholm from the UK. Loving my new lifestyle at the moment and looking forward to meeting more people now that I am here.

I hope you get the chance to read my blog!

Hi everyone!

Met my husband in Manila and we moved to Stockholm in 2010. Though not really new to the city, I'm looking for friends to do stuff with in the city. I'm a laidback sort of girl who likes fika, movies, and books.

yea  and looking for ob :) can u help me ?

Hi i am tim
I am planning on moving to sweden to live in the östergötland area .I am a professional lorry driver with experience in continental work and heavy haulage and in particular wind mill transportation .I am also prepared to do any work available whether it is snow clearance in winter to gardening in summer to working in a warehouse if need be ....open to all option's

Hay!
I m a Norwegian Citizen. Long time ago moved here in this land of nature. I like to meet new people from all over the world. and feel blessed when i help someone who needed a hand to get one step ahead in his life. so dont shy. just ask away if u need. i will do what ever i cud. Whats up there??

Wow

Hello do u like in norway?

Hey how are you?

Hi everybody,

My name is Brigitta I am 24 years old and currently living in Amsterdam where I work in a htel.
In the summer I will move to Knivsta in Sweden to live with my boyfriend.
This is the first time that I move to a diffrent country and don't realy know what to expect but I am very excited to meet new people and experience living in a diffrent country :)

Hi!
I am new to this forum but not entirely so to Sweden. I had lived in Stockholm for 3 years and moved back to my native country for work. As I am getting a new freelance job that doesn't require a fixed geographical location to be in, I am moving back to Stockholm in the first week of June. I am looking for new friends, girls/couples, to socialize with  and if anyone is interested to join, I am also going to attend Folkuniversitetet coming fall. Poke me on here and we can start socializing at least virtually till coming June.

Hello all :)

I'm also new to the site, but I've been in Sweden for a year. I live close to Uppsala and Enkoping with my husband looking after my mother in law. Since I have a freelance job I don't meet a lot of people so I'm looking for hang with. I'm interested in learning swedish, I know very little, so either people to practise with or just someone who is looking to be friends would be great. I enjoy movies, knitting, baking and I've come to love fika :D

I'd love to hear from you :)

I'm  new to the site thank you for let me in. I am a Single from  Central America and planning to move to Sweden, I am trying to find a Job before I move, I understand before I can reach a job like I am use to, I will need to learn  Swedish and in thee meantime  I will  find any other job opportunity, I do not need visa to go.  I will aprpeciate any help, idea, advices. Thank you in advance :)

a"m Tanzanian citizen male graduate of sokoine university of agricultural in rural development

Closed