New members of the Finland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Finland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Finland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Thanks Julien.
My name is Ann, I m new here. I will graduate on this June 2014 and would like to study postgraduate in Finland next year.

I m here to make Finnish friends as I know Finnish people are very friendly and welcome :)

If any one wants to exchange language with me i am also very thumbs up! :) my mother language is Vietnamese.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Ann

Hello!

My name is Giselle and I've wanted to live in Finland for years but never really felt ready to make such a major change in my life until a couple of years ago. I've been learning Finnish and making friends in Finland, but I feel so unsure where to start... I'm hoping this forum and blog will help.

My main reason to move to Finland is simply that I feel more at home there than where I grew up. It's not just that I love the country and the people there, it goes beyond that. I feel I belong there. I'm just worried that it won't be possible to find a job with my current level of Finnish (B1) and I don't feel able to wait for some more years until I move there, due to personal circumstances where I live. For now, I travel to Finland as often as I can but it's not enough anymore.

I'm looking forward to reading posts here, tips, and participating as much as I can -I don't have much time, but I'll do my best. :)

Hello Guys!!

My name is Manu and IŽm new in this forum so I would like to meet people from Finland, right now IŽm living in a country in the heart of Central America Called Honduras but for a few time ago I have interested to move to Finland for many reasons!! I would like to know what should I do or what are the risks if I am an EU passport holder but until now IŽm a bit unsure of taking that huge step...

Thanks for taking the time and pls friends I would appreciate any help!!

Hello,

I am from Preston in the North of England and have been living and working in Finland since 1996.

I originally came to Finland as an exchange student for only 3 months, although I still find myself here after almost 18 years... :lol:  I live in Akaa in the southern part of Pirkanmaa, to where I moved almost 4 years ago. Before this I lived in Tampere.

I work as a mechanical engineer and have worked at several firms in and around Tampere and am currently working in Toijala. My primary aim in joining this blog is to try to get to know, and share experiences with like-minded expats.

My interests are music and house repair/renovation. I was also a keen fisherman in a previous life...

Hello,

every one i am new here...i also want to movie in Finland....i would like to make new friends here
hope to hear from you soon...

Greetings everybody,
I am new on Expat.com and I am really liking it. It's such a cool blog where everyone can share their experiences, ask queries and make friends.
Well, I am from Nepal and I would like to come to Finland for doing masters. I am calm and sincere. I like traveling and playing guitar.

It's great to know you all.
Thank you. :)

Hi all! I'm actually a local in Tampere so if someone needs help with anything, i'll be more than happy to help :)

hey guys thanks for accepting me into the group. my movement to Finland depends on my success in getting employment.
I am a pharmacist by profession. anyone who can help me get a job

Hi everyone

I am new in Finland, I arrived on the end of April, live in the Jyväskylä area. I am working as a software developer, still finding answers to common issues. I anyone is interested in networking or have questions about anything, maybe I can help.

Hugo

Hi Guys,

If anyone is visiting Turku, Finland and you need somewhere to stay, let me know because I run a motel business too.
Cheers!

Jambo!as its a form of greeting in my country Kenya.I am cynjeff am really looking forward to work in ur country just waiting to graduate next month.My course was in Disaster Management and International Diplomacy.Could you help us please because moving in Finland with my long term friend we gon get well and stabilize our future.Thank you!:-)

Hi Tracy

Welcome to Finland!

I am living in the Jyväskylä area as well. Master's in Music, Mind & Technology sounds so interesting.

Regards
Hugo

Kiitos Hugo! The course looks great; we're really excited to get to Jyväskylä! I hope you're enjoying the city?

Tracy

Yes, Tracy, I love the city so far :)
Wish you luck in your move and all

Great to hear, and thanks! :)

Hello my fellow bloggers am glad to be joining your group.Have u recieved my message?ave not seen any response and if there's anyone interested in learning swahili let me know.cynthia amianda!:-)

Hi!

I'm a Brit currently living in Tallinn, Estonia but looking for any job opportunity to let me move up North of the Gulf...  I was in Finland a month or so ago (stayed on Suomenlinna) and want to get into the tech scene there!

How has your job-hunt been going?  My (Estonian) girlfriend is a pharmacist by background, and we're considering a move Northwards to Finland.

Terve! My name is Pod, 23  from Thailand :) I live in Hameenlinna which is about an hour away from Tempere, Turku and Helsinki.
I usually study in Oriental med; Herb pills, Acupuncture and massage :)
I am an aupair here and looking forward to spend time here like a Fin :D
So If anyone is around that would be cool.

I am no more a newbie here but I am here, looking for a finnish friend.

Hyvaa Houmenta to everyone.

Hello
I am actually a local from Espoo so if someone needs any help, I'll be happy to help.

hello am eddy fro ghana have admission to study in vaasa university of applied science need some one from finland to sponsor me  apply for my staying permit very sooon [email protected]

hi
this is Tahir from pakistan i want to move finland, i am working in National bank as DCM (data center manager) last two years,help out how to come Finland ,befor comming here what will the necessary requirement which i taken proactively .

thanks

Moi kaikille! :)

I am Fernando, I have double citizenship: Italian and Brazilian. I live in Brazil though.
I am planning on moving to Finland by January 2015. I prefer sticking to the Helsinki/Tampere area, but also Oulu, Jyväskylä and Turku interests me.
I have been trying to find a job online there for a few weeks, but had no success yet.
I have recently graduated in University, my majour was in International Relations. I have a good command of the Finnish language since I have been there three times before, as well as other languages too (English -obviously-Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese - my native language). And I currently work as an Import/Export assistant here in Brazil.

If any of you are able to help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

If someone could help me

Hi all,
I'm looking to move from ireland to Finland any and all advice would be great full.

Hi guys
My names is john I'm thinking of moving to Finland. Any information you can give about getting out there and work prospects would be a great help.

Hello,am Jethroh Banda from Malawi but currently in South Africa.

Am thinking of moving to Finland to do any domestic work to anybody who may have an offer.

I do speak some local languages  and English for now but am a fast learner of other languages .

So if anyone has available space contact me on [email protected] or [email protected] even straight into my inbox.

Hie,thanks for your open mind to help others,so if you can hear anything about domestic work then let me know please.

I'll appreciate alot if  that happen.

Jethroh wrote:

Hello,am Jethroh Banda from Malawi but currently in South Africa.

Am thinking of moving to Finland to do any domestic work to anybody who may have an offer.

I do speak some local languages  and English for now but am a fast learner of other languages .

So if anyone has available space contact me on [email protected] or [email protected] even straight into my inbox.

To be honest you will not have a chance of getting a visa or domestic work in Finland. Locals can do this type of work and if you do not speak Finnish then your chances are nil.

Hello everyone! I'm a native Finn and live in Espoo, near Helsinki. I'm looking forward to being an expat in other countries but in the meanwhile I'm here to help if anyone need a hand :)

hi great day!

i would like to ask about to move in finland about tourist visa i have a sponsor to invite what are the requirements of the sponsor to invite me...and i would like to ask how long it takes to process of tourist visa..i dont have any idea

gen

Hello my name is yahsin tobin, I'm from Ireland . I'm very interested in moving to Finland to find construction work. I've been renovating houses for the last 12 years so I'm very skilled in all aspects of renovating and building houses . My brother lives in lovesa , I've been going to and from there helping him build his house which is nearly completed. During that time in Finland I came to really love it there and would really like to move and work there. That's all for the moment ,thanks for reading

Good evening everyone i am new here...i m actually in helsinki....i would like to make new friends here
hope to hear from you soon... :)

Good day
My name is Francis.
Am currently in south africa but I was born in Malawi.
Am looking for anyone who in Gods name and his/her warm heart will offer me a job or help me to come to Finland.
I have worked as an exective driver,gardener, cook in south Africa.
I want honest people to help me as am a family bread winner.
Still believe someone somewhere will help and make a difference in my life.
Looking forward to hear from you people.

Hi I am from India planning for my higher studies in Finland has I completed my graduation in bachelor of commerce and computers and now I am looking for M.B.A has well I would like know suggestions from your end about part time jobs and carrier for mba in Finland and abroad

Hi, navneet

I am from India
can you share your email id or your mobile number has I am planning to move for Finland I want to know some details about jobs :)

Hi! I'm Janine. Me and my family just got here a month ago  :)  So far we're liking it here.

Hello Janine :)

For what reason did you decide to move to Finland?

I´m about to move there myself so Im just curious :)

Thank you

Eli

hi this cathy a filipina,, i am new in this blog, i tried to registered  in this blog 'coz i want to meet friends who are filipina that allready moving in finland,,, or even not a filipino as long as willing to be a  friend of mine, i hope i can hear anyone
thank you,,
and best regards cathy

Closed